Account Executive, SMB at Planet Labs
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
We're looking for talented SMB Account Executives (SMB-AE) for Canada (Remote Position), who will be responsible for prospecting and closing new business within all the Canadian territory. The SMB-AE will identify, nurture and close opportunities with both new and existing customers, manage forecasts and track customer data. The SMB-AE will have 2 - 5 years experience in sales roles with experience coordinating and closing small to medium transactions. The SMB-AE will work cooperatively with internal departments to improve the velocity of business and to create solutions that serve the best interests of Planet’s customers. Join a growing sales team with tremendous upside for growth. We value high aptitude and great attitude over experience, so if you feel like you are the right fit for this dynamic team, please contact us.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Prospect, develop, and close a continuous pipeline of new logo business, while managing an existing account base, ensuring renewals and developing expansion opportunities
- Maintain account, opportunity and activity information in Salesforce.com
- Forecast business and sales pipeline as required by management
- Up and cross-sell opportunities, probe for additional contacts with projects/opportunities
- Achieve and surpass all stated goals for the position
- Work with Marketing to conduct seminars, assist with trade shows, and other marketing related events
What You Bring:
- 2-5 years of experience in closing sales; DAAS or SAAS preferred; sales experience in geospatial software or data is a plus
- Experience working within a quota and commission structure
- Fluent English speaking required;French is a plus
- Experience using Salesforce.com
- Strong account management and prospecting experience
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic, desire to over-achieve, and a true results-oriented approach
- Experience in start-up environment is a plus
- Minimum of a BA/B.Sc required
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
Applications are now closed