Area Vice President of Commercial Sales (Americas) at Gitlab
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Area Vice President Commercial Sales (Americas) is responsible for building and managing a team of Area Sales Managers who are leading teams of SMB and Mid-market Account Executives selling GitLab's industry leading single application for the full software development lifecycle. The Area Vice President reports into the VP, Commercial Sales
- Establish and deliver on a strategy to land new customers with a mutual vision for expansion and expand existing accounts with purpose, driving customer success and predictable year over year ARR growth for GitLab.
- Recruit and develop a top tier, diverse, efficient Commercial sales organization of Area Sales Managers and SMB and Mid-market Account Executives
- Maintain key customer relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Manage overall sales process, set appropriate metrics for sales funnel management
- Plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
- Demonstrated progressive second line leadership experience leading teams in strategic sales.
- Multiple repeatable proof points of recruiting, hiring, developing, and retaining leaders and individual contributors that make-up a high performing enterprise sales organization.
- Deep experience selling into accounts in core markets.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in consistent overachievement of a $20m+ ACV annual quota
- Demonstrated progressive experience in software sales, preferably with development tool and/or open source experience
- Proven track record of working closely with the channel for growth leverage.
- Proven success partnering with Marketing, Channel, Alliances, Product, and Engineering peers.
- Demonstration of high levels of integrity, initiative, honesty and leadership
- Must be adaptable, professional, courteous, motivated and work well on their own or as a member of a team
- Willingness to learn and use GitLab
- Polished presentation skills
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and ambitious workload
- Bachelor degree
Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company’s travel policy
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the Hiring Manager
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule one or more interviews with members of the Commercial sales leadership team.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule one or more interviews with Business Partners
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with our CRO.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Applications are now closed