Assistant Manager - Finance & Accounts at Emeritus
Remote - India
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Emeritus is committed to teaching the skills of the future by making high-quality education accessible and affordable to individuals, companies, and governments around the world. It does this by collaborating with more than 50 top-tier universities across the United States, Europe, Latin America, Southeast Asia, India and China. Emeritus’ short courses, degree programs, professional certificates, and senior executive programs help individuals learn new skills and transform their lives, companies and organizations. Its unique model of state-of-the-art technology, curriculum innovation, and hands-on instruction from senior faculty, mentors and coaches has educated more than 250,000 individuals across 80+ countries. Founded in 2015, Emeritus, part of Eruditus Group, has more than 2,000 employees globally and offices in Mumbai, New Delhi, Shanghai, Singapore, Palo Alto, Mexico City, New York, Boston, London, and Dubai. Following its $650 million Series E funding round in August 2021, the Company is valued at $3.2 billion, and is backed by Accel, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Leeds Illuminate, Prosus Ventures, Sequoia Capital India, and Bertelsmann.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all revenue items are recognized as per IFRS. The items include , Revenue – LOB-wise/program-wise/last revenue unit, Deferred Revenue – LOB-wise/program-wise/last revenue unit, Sundry Debtors – LOB-wise / program-wise/last revenue unit, Income received in Advance (Unearned revenue) – LOB-wise/program-wise/last revenue unit
- Reconcile monthly balances of all Revenue related Ledgers
- Ensure timely invoicing as per contracts
- Support the monthly book closure activities and reporting of MIS items related to revenue
- Ensure that all processes (specifically on controls) are followed with respect to pricing, scholarships granted, refunds and deferment of revenue-generating items are all reconciled.
- Coordinate with multiple teams internally (various LOBs/program owners) for reconciliation of revenue-related items on a weekly / monthly basis.
- Ensure statutory audits, due diligence, internal audits are completed in time with no significant adverse observations.
- Ensure all corrective actions recommended due to observations made in audits are taken time-bound and implemented.
- Maintenance of client contracts and approval of prices and pricing policies – essentially documentation focussed.
- Ensure that expense line items directly dependent on revenue are aligned with revenue recognition.
Key skills and qualifications:
- Inter CA /CA/ MBA
- Post qualification experience in a corporate environment, preferably with global exposure.
- Experience in start-ups which have achieved scale, working in technology-enabled space is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to handle coordination with multiple internal/external teams.
- Knowledge of IND-AS, and IFRS is a must.
- Should have worked alongside the Big 4 audit firms for closing books of accounts / statutory audits.
- Excellent working skills in MS – office (word, excel, PowerPoint), Tally.
- Knowledge of the ERP environment will be an added plus. Preferable, if the potential candidate had also experienced implementation of ERP software solutions.
Emeritus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applications are now closed