Associate Director - Global Inside Sales at Emeritus
Remote - India
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Emeritus is committed to teaching the skills of the future by making high-quality education accessible and affordable to individuals, companies, and governments around the world. It does this by collaborating with more than 50 top-tier universities across the United States, Europe, Latin America, Southeast Asia, India and China. Emeritus’ short courses, degree programs, professional certificates, and senior executive programs help individuals learn new skills and transform their lives, companies and organizations. Its unique model of state-of-the-art technology, curriculum innovation, and hands-on instruction from senior faculty, mentors and coaches has educated more than 250,000 individuals across 80+ countries. Founded in 2015, Emeritus, part of Eruditus Group, has more than 2,000 employees globally and offices in Mumbai, New Delhi, Shanghai, Singapore, Palo Alto, Mexico City, New York, Boston, London, and Dubai. Following its $650 million Series E funding round in August 2021, the Company is valued at $3.2 billion, and is backed by Accel, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Leeds Illuminate, Prosus Ventures, Sequoia Capital India, and Bertelsmann.
Role & responsibilities:
- Owning quarterly and annual sales goals and driving the sales teams to achieve their goals, ensuring attainment of top-line & bottom-line org aspirations.
- Own all plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company's sales goals.
- Craft & execute profitability-led sales plan. Prepares forecasts and KPI reporting for the Global Sales Head and CXOs for organisational planning, financial forecasting, budget setting and strategic planning.
- Build processes and funnel for manual top-down reach out, onboarding, activation, and expansion.
- Work collaboratively across teams - including Engineering, Product and Marketing.
- Accomplish sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, coaching and counselling employees; administering scheduling systems; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing individual roles; planning and reviewing compensation; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Partner with the Global sales strategy team to execute the recommendation optimally.
- Monitoring the market and competitor products and activities and providing detailed feedback to the Global Sales head & marketing team.
- Work with cross-functional teams, including Finance, Revenue Management, Product and Marketing Teams, to define, drive and launch improvements in the learner experience.
- Work closely with the product team to translate consumer insights and market feedback to create the optimal product-market fit.
- Leverage insights and appropriate market information, including competitive assessment, to craft a well-articulated value proposition for the product to address the market need and drive overall success.
- Devise and execute the GTM market strategy, pilot new methodologies across channels in coordination with revenue leaders and explore partnerships to aid discovery.
Key skills & qualifications:
- 8-12+ years of relevant business development and GTM experience with a successful track record.
- Experience with a top consumer good or B2C consumer internet business. Entrepreneurial experience or experience in education will be highly valued. Experience in strategic and execution-oriented roles.
- Candidate should have a proven track record of building & manage a strong sales team with a deep understanding of consumer buying, marketing tools, lead management & CRM.
- Prior experience and a strong track record of success in a senior sales leadership role
- Experience making business recommendations and influencing stakeholders
- Great team management skills, communication skills, client handling skills and strong business acumen.
- Ability to see the big picture while defining and driving specific actions on an aggressive Timeline.
- Exceptional business acumen, analytical rigour, and cross-cultural understanding.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and strong relationship and communication skills.
- Lead when needed and Do when needed; High bias for action.
- The ideal candidate is a flexible, well-rounded leader with marketing, sales, outreach or Partnership experience in consumer-facing businesses.
- Strong communication and decision-making.
- High energy, confident and capable self-starter; can operate with limited supervision.
- Team player; ability to work well with diverse people and drive consensus.
- High on data & a grip on driving KPIs with involved execution.
Emeritus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applications are now closed