Business Development Director at Crisis Text Line
$103,000 - $151,000/year
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Crisis Text Line provides free, 24/7, high-quality text-based mental health support and crisis intervention by empowering a community of trained volunteers to support people in their moments of need.
Our mission is at the intersection of empathy and innovation — we promote mental well-being for people wherever they are.
Our vision is an empathetic world where nobody feels alone.
Why you should join our team:
- Our work is transforming the way people in pain access support at their fingertips
- Our work is innovative in the crisis response space
- Our dynamic, fun, and diverse culture
- Our meaningful cause, led by empathy and innovation
- Our strong values at the center of all we do
- Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Our commitment to engagement and belonging
- Our commitment to our employees and their holistic wellbeing
- Our value of work/life balance
- Our growth mindset and prioritize professional development
- Our leaders who truly care
What you will be doing:
As Business Development Director you will lead our efforts in acquiring new partnerships in the corporate sector, which will drive a significant portion of the overall revenue for our organization and bring our crisis support to new communities through high impact partnerships with top brands and corporations.
- Develop, pitch, and close programs with large revenue partner of our organization.
- Build a strategic network of impactful corporate relationships. Identify and connect with the decision makers who are passionate about mental health and who can help expand access to our service; help them fall in love with our work and generate strongly aligned programs and renewable revenue for the organization.
- Develop a strong pipeline and strategy for your business to enable clear forecasting and revenue progress.
- Evolve our value proposition to match the evolving needs of the marketplace to ensure we are always engaging with a values driven approach.
- Collaborate with Business Development Senior Account Manager to ensure alignment on partner expectations, goals, and results.
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships and solutions to drive business forward. Work closely with teams such as Marketing and EPD to identify, align, and execute on partnership opportunities that carry growth potential.
- Proactively contribute to our team’s commitment to put justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion at the center of our work.
What you bring to the table:
- You have 8+ years of experience in a B2B sales role or business development role focused on corporate entities or social impact partnerships with Fortune 500 corporations.
- The ability to analyze business models and identify the forces that motivate and influence for profit companies.
- Deep experience building pipelines and strong relationships with senior executives.
- Expert in pitching and communicating to a variety of teams across organizations.
- Highly skilled at developing written proposals that align with both parties’ strategic goals.
- Proficient in closing deals, plus negotiating partnership revenue and terms.
- You use a results oriented approach. Ability to have a clear sense of goals and to strive to achieve them.
- Strong ability to communicate with prospective partners in both written and verbal form and proactively anticipates their needs.
- Capable of prioritizing workload and opportunities independently.
- Have the ability to successfully integrate diverse ideas into business frameworks and strategies.
- Implement intermediate-knowledge of cultural awareness and baseline cultural accountability.
Salary Range: $103,000 - $151,000
This range is provided by Crisis Text Line. Your actual pay will be based on your skills, experience, location, and applicable law (such as local minimum wage laws). We pay competitively in the tech-forward nonprofit space and offer a robust benefits package.
Crisis Text Line employee benefits are thoughtfully designed using an equity lens, acknowledging that we are all unique human beings with individual life circumstances that require flexibility and support.
- 20 paid holidays including:
- Federal holidays like Juneteenth and Labor Day
- Election day
- Holiday break from Dec 24 through January 1
- 2 renewal days
- 2 floating holidays
- Flexible paid time off, including:
- 15 vacation days
- 3 personal days
- 7 sick days
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for the staff member and family at no cost to the employee
- 403B retirement plan (the nonprofit equivalent of a 401K): 3% contribution by Crisis Text Line to support building financial wellness, regardless of personal contribution
- 12 weeks paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Student loan repayment (after 2 years of continuous full time service)
- Family support through a virtual childcare platform
- Mental health (Monthly)
- Internet Service (Monthly)
- Professional Development (Annual)
- Wellness (Annual)
- Home office setup (One time/First year)
(Benefits only apply to full-time employees)
Crisis Text Line is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who have a disability and meet the skill, experience, education, and other job-related requirements of the role to allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job.
Applications are now closed