Chief of Staff at Brightwheel
Austin, San Francisco, Denver, or Remote (US only)
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $100 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a highly distributed team supporting fully remote employees across every time zone in the US. We also have hubs in Austin, Denver, and San Francisco. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who You Are
We are seeking a Chief of Staff to join the Leadership team at brightwheel. We are entering a new phase of growth as we massively expand our scale & reach in early education, and we need an experienced operator to help drive execution across the company. You are a talented and dynamic leader with world-class critical thinking and collaboration skills. You are highly analytical, structure & process-oriented, and highly adaptable, with an exceptional ability to build trust with folks at all levels. You demonstrate the highest levels of ownership and operate with a low ego. You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and consistently show the highest levels of integrity and professionalism. You deeply understand how to create an equitable and inclusive work environment. People say when you are involved, things just go better.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as key advisor + confidant to the CEO and the Leadership team (a la Amazon Technical Advisor Program), building trust and leading through influence
- Amplify the effectiveness of the Leadership team by facilitating effective decision-making and high performance execution throughout the company
- Build and drive the operational rhythm of the business, including annual planning, company OKRs, quarterly/monthly/weekly business reviews, leadership team meetings, and All Hands
- Own critical communications for the company and guide effective change management during organizational or business transformation
- Serve as an essential utility player for the CEO and Leadership team, ultimately accelerating brightwheel’s ability to achieve our vision of high quality early education for every child
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- 6+ years of experience, ideally in business operations or program management at a technology company, or management consulting
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; able to break down complex problems into discrete digestible pieces and develop solutions based on root causes
- Highly process-oriented; able to build structure & programs from scratch and relentlessly persistent in adoption of processes
- Excellent verbal and written communications with a crisp, concise and effective style
- Top notch people skills; great collaborator, highly empathetic, exceptional listening skills
- Highly adaptable; able to read a room or an audience and adjust approach or communications to be most effective
- Able to build deep levels of trust with senior leaders, external partners, and staff at all levels; willing + able to directly challenge on important issues
- Low ego with high degree of ownership; never says “that’s not my job”; resourceful and scrappy
- Owns their own professional development; doesn’t need direct coaching to find opportunities to improve; highly receptive to feedback and eager to get better every day
- Exemplifies best practices in creating an equitable and inclusive work environment
- Operates with the highest levels of integrity
Brightwheel offers a competitive compensation package (base salary, equity and benefits) with a strong emphasis on equity-based compensation (ownership in brightwheel). For cash compensation, brightwheel sets standard ranges for all roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In alignment with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual cash compensation for this role in Colorado is targeted at $141-$176K. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above. If you are applying from a different location and have questions on the compensation band for your region, please ask your recruiter.
Our benefits package includes premium medical, dental, and vision benefits, generous paid parental leave, a flexible paid time off policy, a monthly wellness and productivity stipend, and a Learning & Development stipend.
Brightwheel is proud to celebrate diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Applications are now closed