Content Marketing Specialist at Overstory
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Working to solve our climate crisis is the most important mission of our time, and the most exciting problem to be working on in tech. If you want to have a real impact, come join our talented, passionate team. Our company is based in Amsterdam but we work remotely, with people living all over Western Europe and in the U.S.
Overstory’s mission is to help solve our climate crisis by providing real-time intelligence about the planet’s vegetation. In our first step toward this mission, we are applying machine learning to satellite imagery to track forests and vegetation, helping to reduce the risk of wildfires and power outages. We just raised a round of funding, led by Moxxie Ventures and Capital T. Other investors include: Pale Blue Dot, Omidyar Technology Ventures, Toba Capital, Overwater Ventures, Climate Capital and Techstars. With a dozen paying clients, we have already proven our business model and we’re all united behind our ambitious vision to scale up this model to help humanity and the planet.
We’re looking to hire a Content Marketing Specialist. You’ll be part of a dedicated and fast-growing team that is building the Overstory business so that it has a giant impact on the world.
About the role
As content marketing specialist, you will be responsible for
- Turning customer success stories into both long-form (blog posts, case studies, and white papers) and short-form content (social media posts, quotes for the website) that supports lead generation
- Finding stories in statistics and conversations
- Reporting on the performance of content and sharing your insights on what works and what doesn’t
- Supporting the team’s growth strategy by seeking out fresh opportunities for new topics or mediums
- Supporting marketing, customer success, and sales with interesting content that educates and inspires action
As a content writer you get excited by the opportunity to uncover stories and tell them in an interesting way. You don’t need to have everything well defined before you act—you’re a self-starter who will make things happen. You’re curious to connect with our target audience and understand the value we add. You are an excellent communicator and you believe best results are achieved when working together. You have a passion for the urgency of solving our climate crisis.
- Conversational, clear, and direct writing style
- Experience writing B2B lead generation and educational content that converts
- Familiarity working with a CMS (ideally Squarespace and/or Hubspot)
- Demonstrated ability to track content performance against KPIs
- Working knowledge of analytics and reporting tools
- Strong understanding of paid and organic marketing practices (such as SEO and PPC)
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once across multiple internal and external teams
What you get
- To be part of truly mission-driven work that reduces wildfires, protects earth’s natural resources, and solves our climate crisis.
- Competitive compensation and stock options.
- Flexible working environment. We care about the work you do, not the hours you put in.
- The chance to be a part of building a company from the early stages.
- To be surrounded by an awesome, vibrant, smart team who have each other's back and believe in a culture of openness, tolerance, and respect.
Diversity & Inclusion
We place enormous value on diversity and inclusion with regards to gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, education, disability, disciplines and skillsets. We believe that the best ideas emerge when people with different perspectives and approaches work together on a problem.
We’re always looking to diversify our team further, but we’re proud of the fact that four out of the six people on our leadership team are female or non-white males, 38% of the overall team identifies as female and 25% of the team are people of color. Eight nationalities are represented in our team, and we speak eight languages: English, Dutch, French, Italian, Indonesian, Portuguese, Cantonese and Russian.
Applications are now closed