Customer Success Engineer (Technical Account Manager) - APAC at Gitlab
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Customer Success Engineer (CSE) role provides deep subject matter expertise on GitLab technical and product solutions and best practices. CSEs work alongside TAMs to provide customers with technical guidance, go in-depth on use case implementation, and demonstrate the value of GitLab product capabilities.
- Engage with customers, both onsite and remote, in a technical consultancy and advisor role during the post-sales process while providing technical and solution guidance
- Have demonstrated the ability to become a trusted technical advisor to customer and business leaders
- Drive the achievement of measurable value (business outcomes), leading to product adoption, renewal, and expansion
- Align with Technical Account Managers to provide customer-facing subject matter expertise based on the customer's business objectives
- Focus on solution-based programs that are customized to fit an individual customer's needs
- Develop and collaborate on customer workshops, demos, and other enablement
- Maintain specialty competency in one or more technologies related to GitLab's market focus through activities such as training, certification and creation of working examples for reuse internally and by customers and partners
- Continuously improve professional skills with a focus on personal mastery and team learning through activities such as training, reading and seeking mentorship from others
- Experience with a GitLab use case (SCM, CI, CD, DevSecOps, Agile Planning) to provide in-depth customer guidance and enablement
- Proficiency using DevSecOps tools or highly technical tooling in adjacent fields
- Specialize in GitLab use cases to provide in-depth guidance and enablement to customers of all sizes, including large enterprise organizations
- Technical experience in development or systems engineering
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Exceptional verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and ability to work with several different teams at any given time
- Alignment with GitLab values and ability to work in accordance with those values
- Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company's travel policy
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
The assessment is a written questionnaire, completed and submitted prior to interviews with members of the Technical Account Manager team. The Recruiter working with the candidate will provide the written assessment following a successful recruiter screening interview.
Hiring Manager Interview
The hiring manager interview is the first of the interviews with the Technical Account Manager team. This interview is with the manager of the team the candidate is applying to join. It is a 30 minute interview.
The peer interview is conducted by an individual contributor who is a member of the team the candidate is applying to join. Peer interviewers are selected by the hiring manager. This is a 30 minute interview.
The panel interview consists of several members of the Technical Account Manager team. It typically includes the hiring manager and two other team members. This is a 60 minute interview, with the following format:
- Live demonstration based on the guidance provided ahead of the interview by the recruiter
- General discussion and questions from the panel
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Applications are now closed