Customer Success Manager, Tech Touch at Planet Labs
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Customer Success Manager to manage a large portfolio (100+) of small customer accounts with a strong focus on automation, client retention and upsell. This is a low touch/high volume model and requires strong customer relationship management & technical skills. You will be our main point of contact for these customers during their time with Planet’s contract life cycle. You will help drive value realization and return on the client’s investment. You have a good working knowledge of remote sensing, GIS and geospatial imagery products. The ideal candidate is: customer focused, self-starter, multi-tasking extraordinaire, creative thinker, and a great communicator.
- Customer focused mentality
- Multi-tasking extraordinaire
- Creative thinker
- Great communicator
- Solution oriented
- Team player
Impact You’ll Own:
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships with our SME segment
- Assist customers to expand their usage and adoption of our products
- Onboarding and training of new clients
- Process and track customer’s tasking requests
- Provide excellent customer support, ensure successful delivery of our services, produce timely solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Communicate consistently with clients throughout the contract life-cycle, escalating important issues where needed
- Work closely with sales representatives and other cross functional teams
What You Bring:
- 2+ years of customer facing experience
- Good working knowledge of geospatial technologies, GIS or Remote Sensing
- needs to know how to do basic tasks like: manipulate geometries, convert file types, and perform other basic operations within a GIS environment (QGIS, ESRI,
- Experience working with GIS applications (QGIS, ESRI, GEE etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to successfully communicate and coordinate with international customers & sales team
- Strong problem solving skills and proactive work style
- Ability to multitask and prioritize job requirements
- Passion and interest in helping build out this model
- Experience and interest in identifying and building process improvements
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience working through the Sales life cycles
- Familiarity with RESTful API development
- Experience with Zendesk, JIRA, or comparable ticketing systems
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Be part of a vibrant international company of 45+ nations with office locations in different countries
- Sense of belonging in a diverse and inclusive culture
- Experience a fast-paced spacetech environment
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events
- Personal development with annual L&D budget
- Join our regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Employee Resource Groups that provide safe and empowering spaces for connection and mentorship
- Give back to the community by using one day per quarter for charitable work as part of our 1% Pledge
- Health programs and flexible working hours to support work life balance
- Be part of our growth: we offer equity options for our employees
- Daily virtual mindful bodywork sessions to stay healthy
- We offer equipment and wellbeing support during these challenging times
- Additional contributions to Company Pension schemes
- Enjoy unique offers and discounts for companies/web shops
- Additional Company Holidays
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
Applications are now closed