Data and Systems Architect at Biobot
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Biobot is seeking an experienced data architect. The successful candidate will have experience with large-scale data architecture, have a thorough understanding of interconnected data platforms, and possess excellent communication and collaboration skills. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a fast-moving team as we develop our next generation WBE data and insights platform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (What you will be doing):
- Design a multi-system data architecture, based on business needs and informed by existing SMEs
- Be actively involved in technical discussions and PR/code reviews as appropriate
- Create documentation and diagrams of the system, including but not limited to: requirements docs, ERDs, and application interface definitions
- Coordinate data architecture initiatives and facilitate decision-making and consensus-building across multiple technical and non-technical teams
- Survey and understand the various existing platforms, interconnections, and data flows
- Serve as a key stakeholder in defining Biobot’s long-term data platform strategy
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- 4-year degree in a related field, or equivalent working experience
- 8+ years in a technical role, ideally from a data modeling or software engineering background
- 3+ years serving in a data architect role
Education and/or Work Experience (What you need to succeed):
- Proven track record of building complex data architectures
- Experience integrating multiple platforms through shared data systems and strategies
- Prior experience working with and integrating enterprise platforms (LIMS, Salesforce, ERP, etc...)
- Experience architecting solutions in a cloud-based environment (ideally AWS)
- Experience producing ERDs requirements documents
- Experience with microservices data architecture and defining data flows between microservices.
- Experience with ETL, API integrations, queuing systems, and other cross-platform data interconnect strategies
- Familiar with data lakes, data warehouses, data marts, and transactional database systems
- Experience guiding complex technical projects as an influencer
- Experience working with scientific and/or data-based software products and platforms
- Ability to evaluate, understand, and document a low-documentation environment
- Recognize the value of various testing methodologies and employ them in your work
Education and/or Work Experience Bonuses (What will help you succeed):
- Collaborative by nature, seeks and synthesizes input from key stakeholders
- Strong written, verbal, and collaboration skills
- Empathetic to the complexities of large-scale data architecture
- Spirit of curiosity
- Humility and consideration for teams that will be building and using these systems
- Ability to balance collaboration, support for legacy systems, and adherence to industry best practices
- Attention to detail
- Experience coordinating projects
Physical Requirements and Special Demands:
- Standing or sitting for several hours at a time
- Listening and speaking clearly on video conferencing for several hours a day
Free medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families, including a $0 deductible medical plan. We want our employees to manage their health and that of their families without worrying about high premiums or deductibles.
Unlimited PTO with 3 week minimum. Whether it's playing MTG or D&D, singing on stage, camping, raising chickens, or anything else that inspires, we want our employees to unplug and explore their passions.
12 weeks parental leave at 100% pay. We love Biobabies and know that bonding with a new child is a critical need for employees and Biobabies alike.
3% Biobot 401k contribution. Regardless of whether our employees contribute, we contribute 3% of salaries into participating employees' 401k accounts because we want to support their long-term financial goals.
$500 home office stipend for remote employees; free parking + commuter benefits and free meals for lab employees. Onsite or at home, we ensure our employees' workspace is set up for success.
At Biobot, we are working together to build a team environment in which everyone can thrive and is proud to belong. We are an equal opportunity employer and our goal is to be a diverse team that is representative, at all job levels, of the society we live in. We encourage applications from candidates of all identities and backgrounds, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in technology startups.
Our mission is to transform wastewater infrastructure into public health observatories.
Named as one of Fast Company’s most innovative companies in the world in 2021, Biobot Analytics is a wastewater epidemiology company and uses technology developed at MIT to measure biomarkers in sewage to better understand population health in cities. We first launched an opioid product to support government and public health officials in responding to the opioid epidemic, and in 2020 launched a Covid19 product to estimate the scope and trend of the outbreak in communities. We have operated in almost 500 communities across 43 U.S. states, generating Covid19 case estimates for over 13% of the U.S. population.
Battling the opioid epidemic and now the Covid19 pandemic is just the beginning - we’re transforming sewage into a data asset and building a public health database. Eventually, Biobot data will be an early warning system for disease outbreaks, a map of nutrition disparities, and more. Headquartered in the Boston area with an office in NYC, we aim to create the bedrock of human health infrastructure and smart cities in countries across all six continents.
Please note that we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Applications are now closed