Data Scientist at Recurrent
Remote - US
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
What's the opportunity?
Recurrent is on a mission to get more electric vehicles (EVs) on the road - we aim to accelerate the used electric car market by making it more accessible and transparent for millions of vendors and buyers alike.
Road vehicles represent 20% of US greenhouse gas emissions. Electrifying passenger vehicles, in parallel with transitioning our power grid to cleaner energy sources, really moves the needle on climate. We’re going to be a critical part of making that shift by building the used EV market and increasing consumer confidence in EV performance as vehicles age.
We're looking for a "full-stack" data scientist who enjoys working across the spectrum from EDA to data engineering to modeling to production deployment. You will have the opportunity to influence backend infrastructure, analytics and modeling approaches, and product direction. If you love solving problems, implementing solutions, and are excited about a generalist approach where you'll get to work across many areas then we'd love to hear from you!
Signs of a great candidate
- Experienced - you have 2+ years of experience building machine learning models and putting them into production environments.
- Collaborative - you know that your colleagues’ perspectives and experience are the foundation of a successful product. Similarly, you help foster good communication and bring your strengths to the table to help us grow and be successful.
- Independent, curious, and resourceful - you’re excited to hit the ground running. You are innately curious, able to take on a task you may not have done before and find out how to do it or reach out to someone who can help you learn it.
- Pragmatic - you can identify a problem, come up with a solution, and bring it to a state of completion while investing an appropriate amount of time for the business value the solution provides. You find ways of eliminating or automating work to help us streamline our operations.
- Reliable and disciplined - we are a distributed company and you enjoy the benefits of working remotely while delivering what you’ve committed to. When hurdles come up you communicate them early and reset expectations.
- Appreciative of honest feedback - You view feedback given to you as an opportunity to get better and make an effort to do the same for others.
This job might be for you if you have experience with...
- Data cleaning and EDA. We ingest a varied set of data from sources of different quality levels, and are regularly adding new sources of information to our data science pipelines. You should be comfortable reading, summarizing, visualizing, and efficiently answering questions about data you haven’t seen before. We typically do this type of analysis in JupyterLab or using simple SQL queries of our databases, then automate the cleaning work in pipeline jobs.
- Machine learning. You should be comfortable weighing the pros and cons of different algorithms, prototyping and productizing common regression approaches, tuning hyperparameters, and optimizing model performance in Python and scikit-learn. You should have experience putting machine learning models into cloud-based production environments for inference.
- Pipeline engineering. We use Python, Docker, Airflow, and the AWS ecosystem in our data science stack. You should be knowledgeable about cloud-based data storage and access patterns and comfortable writing clean production-ready code. Familiarity with Spark is a plus.
Bonus - do you have experience in any of these areas? Please tell us about it in your cover letter!
- Work with vehicle diagnostics, vehicle APIs, battery management systems, or EV hardware.
- Business intelligence (BI) analysis, tools, and visualization.
- Expertise in advanced outlier detection.
Anywhere in the US. We’re a remote-first company with a team concentrated in the Pacific Northwest. We have colleagues in 6 different states and we want to work with great folks wherever they are.
The benefits package at Recurrent is thoughtfully designed to help people lead healthy lives in and outside of work. We offer the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision are covered 100% for the employee
- $1000 Home Office Reimbursement
- 401k (No matching)
- Unlimited PTO (we encourage everyone to take a minimum of 3-4 weeks per year)
- All company winter break: Everyone is off for December 24th – January 1st
- Work Together Weeks: Several times a year we bring the team together and spend a week working in person, brainstorming, and socializing
- Paid Parental Leave & Bereavement Leave
- Choice of MacBook or PC
We are an equal opportunity employer and highly value diversity at our company. We warmly invite applications from people of all walks of life. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applications are now closed