Data Scientist Team Lead at Infarm
Berlin / Remote
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success
- You are able to communicate complex solutions and analysis to diverse audience in a simple language
- You love to work closely with different business teams to uncover opportunities to solve problems using data & analysis
- You know how to adapt to changes, and how to help others adapting and evolving with them too
- You are comfortable in a collaborative, agile and distributed environment
- You desire to work in a respectful, transparent, collaborative and diverse environment
- +6 years of experience as Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer or equivalent designing, developing and productionalization data science or machine learning applications at scale.
- +3 years of strong knowledge and hands on experience in data mining, applied statistics and machine learning.
- +2 years of experience managing teams.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and Python.
- Practical knowledge of machine learning and data analysis tools (Scikit, Pandas, pytorch)
- Experience experience working with cloud based data warehouse (BigQuery is a plus)
- Comfortable with CI/CD processes and using GitHub and GitHub actions
- Fluent in English. Other languages would be a plus
- Mentor, motivate, recruit, onboard and coach a team of Data Scientist and Machine Learning Engineers
- Define and deliver the long term and short term vision of the Data Science team
- Drive the development of scalable machine learning infrastructure designed to accelerate translating AI research into production-ready models as well as provide advanced simulation environments supporting all aspects of our global farming ecosystem
- Identify business opportunities and develop Big Data, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence initiatives to increase business ROI
- Establish technical partnerships with external companies in order to position Infarm as a ML and AI company
- Collaborate with other Tech- and Team Leads in strategies that will positively impact our processes
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- Corporate Pension Scheme
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.
Applications are now closed