Digital Growth Strategist at Donors Choose
Hybrid in New York City or Remote in CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TX, or WI
$66,000 - $77,000/year
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
DonorsChoose makes it easy for anyone to help a teacher in need, moving us closer to a nation where students in every community have the tools and experiences they need for a great education.
Since 2000, more than 5 million people and partners have contributed $1 billion to support 2 million teacher requests for classroom resources and experiences. Projects range from art supplies to build the set for a school musical, to books and puzzles that affirm students’ identities, to bird seed for an at-home science project. We proudly serve all US public schools, public charter schools, and Head Start centers, and we combat systemic inequity by driving a majority of donations to schools that have been historically underfunded due to economic and racial inequity.
DonorsChoose has been recognized as a best place to work by GOOD Magazine and the Nonprofit Times, while Fast Company named DonorsChoose one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World—the first time a charity has made this list. Our dedicated team works from across the United States to bring classroom dreams to life.
About the Digital & Growth Marketing Team
The Marketing & Community team is responsible for driving revenue from individual donors and hitting both our total revenue goal and driving goal (dollars to Equity Focus schools) each fiscal year. Our goal this school year is to bring over 650K individuals to give $90M to drive equitable access to resources in classrooms nationwide. Housed within the larger M&C team, the Digital and Growth Marketing team is responsible for scaling and maintaining our marketing systems, and for growing and retaining our community of teachers and donors through our primary channels of email, broadcast text, and paid media.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director, Digital and Growth Marketing, the Digital Growth Strategist will manage and drive forward efforts to acquire new donors, teachers and potential supporters through digital advertising and other cross-channel promotions. This role will work across teams and departments to develop and implement strategies to grow our key audiences, leveraging our owned, earned and paid channels, as well as corporate partnerships, to achieve our annual goals.
In this role you will:
- Own new community donor and teacher growth strategies, leading digital marketing projects across channels to acquire new donors and teachers at scale
- Oversee our paid media program holistically:
- Own, plan and execute paid media campaigns and projects
- Manage and maintain processes for our paid media program, staying on top of industry trends and applying best practices
- Monitor and report on paid media performance toward goals, identify and make strategic recommendations for improvements, including budget tracking and management
- Coach new teammates and fellows in their paid media work, serve as in-house paid media expert
- Manage and nurture relationships with our primary vendors for paid media and SEO
- Work closely with the Senior Digital Marketing Associate to develop strategies, ad plans and creative briefs that support larger campaign, team and organization goals
- Lead projects to improve our advertising data infrastructure and on-site acquisition funnel
- Collaborate with Marketing and Partnerships teams to identify opportunities for donor growth
- Support the Digital and Growth Marketing team in digital production for campaigns, building ads, email, sms, and other assets as needed
- Test and proof ads, emails and sms campaigns for quality, accuracy and ensure data is flowing correctly across systems
- Partner with Director on setting goals for paid media program and donor and teacher growth
- Provide additional support for the Digital & Growth Marketing and Marketing & Community teams as needed
This role may be perfect for you if:
- You have at least four years of hands-on experience managing paid media and digital advertising programs, including managing budgets and vendors
- You have a deep understanding of advertising objectives and goals, can build plans to meet them, and evaluate performance of campaigns based on them
- You have a strong ability to write clearly, concisely and logically
- You know how to stay highly organized and ahead of deadlines for multiple projects
- You can quickly identify problems and proactively propose solutions
- You are familiar and comfortable working with HTML and CSS
- You like learning new technologies and keeping up to date with digital marketing trends
- You’re committed to our mission to support public school teachers and students, and energized by sharing that passion with others
- You’re eager to drive racial equity in education and have comfort speaking about race personally and/or professionally
Compensation and Benefits
- The hiring salary range for this role is $66,000 - $77,000
- We have a hiring salary range of $73,000 - $85,000 for specific higher cost of labor locations, which include New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, Boston, and Washington, D.C.
In addition, we offer full-time staff 25 paid vacation days per year and 11 paid holidays, a rich employer-paid individual and family health plan, a matching 401(k) plan (up to 5% of base salary), annual professional development stipend, and casual and flexible work environment. To learn more about what it is like to work for DonorsChoose, visit our careers page.
Hybrid Workplace and Other Details
In this role, you’ll have the option to work a flexible hybrid schedule in our NYC office, or to work fully remotely from CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TX, or WI.
Candidates who are not in the NYC area should expect to travel to our NYC office on as-needed basis, about 4-6 times per year. All work-related travel expenses will be covered by the organization and proper safety precautions will be taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
DonorsChoose is a fully vaccinated workplace and all new employees, regardless of their work location, will be asked to share proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 within two weeks of their hire date or request an exemption from this policy due to a disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
Apply online by submitting your resume and answering the application questions. A cover letter is optional and may be addressed to Joe Coakley, Director, Digital & Growth Marketing.
A Final Note
The DonorsChoose team works toward a nation where students in every community have the resources needed for an excellent education. To do this we hire and support a diverse team of the best and the brightest talent available.
We are an organization increasingly representative of the varied races and ethnicities, genders and sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, and abilities that comprise our nation. DonorsChoose focuses on attracting, retaining, and advancing diverse talent because it makes us more effective, high-performing, creative, and resilient.
If you are passionate about our mission, highly skilled in your field, and looking for a place where you can bring all of yourself to work, we want you.
Applications are now closed