Digital Marketing Manager, U.S. at Mercy For Animals
Remote in the United States
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Remote in the United States
Initial application review: Tuesday, March 29, 2022
Mercy For Animals aims to end industrial animal agriculture by constructing a just and sustainable food system. We envision a world where animals are respected, protected, and free.
As a leading farmed animal advocacy organization, we know that achieving this goal requires a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment—one that welcomes and sparks new perspectives and innovative ideas. If you are passionate about our mission, driven to make a big impact for animals, and eager to be part of a dedicated team, join us!
We are currently seeking a digital marketing manager, U.S., to join our public engagement team. In this role, you will oversee the development and implementation of the organization’s digital marketing plans and build lead-generation and cultivation campaigns leveraging email, SMS, online ads, petitions, and landing pages. The digital marketing manager oversees messaging strategies and supporter engagement by telling powerful stories that drive meaningful, measurable action.
You will do invaluable work:
- Plan and execute Mercy For Animals’ digital marketing work, including SEO and SEM, email marketing, inbound marketing (including strategies for social media), and display
- Optimize strategy for the segmentation of our supporter lists
- Design, implement, and continually optimize our customer-experience journey through our supporters’ digital marketing engagement
- Design, implement, and continually optimize strategies and campaigns, including the creation of special landing pages, ensuring we do A/B testing to increase high-quality lead generation all the way through the conversion
- Work with the development team on dedicated fundraising campaigns to align ad investment with desired ROI
- Create and deploy innovative campaigns in a marketing mix driving engagement and action that supports Mercy For Animals’ org-wide goals outlined in our three-year strategic plan
- Drive deep collaboration across all Mercy For Animals teams, and empower teams to reach their goals with the support of digital tools
- Collaborate and oversee partnerships with organizations, agencies, or other entities involved in related work
- Oversee the team responsible for digital marketing and content creation
- Develop training curricula and help with user adoption of digital tools among all Mercy For Animals teams
- Analyze data, identify trends, assess progress toward goals (ROI and KPIs), and generate reports for internal stakeholders
- Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures
- Perform any other duties assigned by team lead
Your qualifications will take our public engagement team to the next level:
- Two to four years’ experience as a digital marketing manager
- Three to five years’ experience developing and implementing digital marketing strategies, including demonstrable experience leading and overseeing SEO and SEM; managing marketing databases; and executing email, social media, and display-ad cultivation campaigns
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing
- Proven ability to optimize landing pages and user funnels
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with Google Analytics or related software
- Solid understanding of all digital marketing channels
- Experience with Pardot, Springboard, and Google Suite (Google Tag Manager, Google Data Studio, Google Optimize)
- Familiarity with ancillary reporting platforms like HotJar
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Outstanding ability to tell stories through written and visual communications
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical and data-driven mindset
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Commitment to Mercy For Animals’ organizational objectives
- Commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Commitment to continued personal and organizational growth in diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice principles
About Your Team Leader
Diane May is vice president of public engagement at Mercy For Animals, managing our communications, social media, and video teams. Before joining Mercy For Animals, she served as director of communications for Our Revolution, the grassroots organization founded by Sen. Bernie Sanders. Diane has more than 10 years of experience working on messaging and communications for successful national, state, and local campaigns across the United States. Diane lives in Washington, DC, with her rescue dog, Cookie.
Compensation and Benefits (exempt)
Earn an annual salary of $54,696 - $63,584 depending on qualifications, and enjoy a commute-free life as a remote team member. In addition to a collaborative and innovative work environment, you will be able to take part in our benefits package, including no- or low-cost health, vision, and dental insurance; generous paid time off and sick leave; and a 401(k) retirement plan, with a dollar-to-dollar employer match of up to 3 percent of your annual salary.
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications and carefully review each application, resume, and cover letter. Feel encouraged to go outside a traditional cover letter and state how you would add to our culture; what we would gain from having you on our team; and how you align with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
Our Commitment to You
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization. We are committed to the principles of equity and justice, and our culture celebrates authenticity—enabling every team member to shine. All employment decisions are based solely on individual qualifications, job needs, and job requirements, and potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, veteran status, and ability are encouraged to apply. We strive to include candidates from historically marginalized communities and those from or in communities impacted by environmental, social, and economic injustice.
Come as you are, and help us transform our society and construct a truly compassionate food system.
Applications are now closed