Director, Legal and Business Affairs at Big Health
Remote - US
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
At Big Health, our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health. We do this by creating digital therapeutics: fully automated yet highly personalized programs that are scalable and clinically proven to work. Our programs harness the intimacy of the human voice and the power of animation to engage and entertain while delivering complex concepts to help our users overcome their unique mental health challenges.
Big Health is looking for a Director, Legal and Business Affairs as the first in-house counsel to build the Legal Function. This is an exciting time to join the company on the backs of a new round of funding to accelerate our growth and to achieve our mission of getting millions back to good mental health. This person will play a unique role in shaping the strategic direction not only for the team but also for the company. Reporting into the CFO, the person will participate in building the foundations of a world-class legal organization and be a thought leader to our business partners. And as a member of a lean but growing team you will have the opportunity to work directly with senior leadership as well as have an opportunity to build and coach a team.
As Director, Legal and Business Affairs at Big Health, you will:
- Develop the legal function and create, then integrate policies and processes including; development of template agreements and alternative terms which are consistent across contracts, as well as implementation and oversight of a contracts management system
- Structure, negotiate, and draft commercial agreements (MSAs, SOWs, Clinical Trial Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Research Services Agreement, Data Sharing Agreements, License and Collaboration Agreements, etc) with vendors, client/employers, Health Plans, Pharmacy Benefit Managers and other partners related to the Healthcare Space
- Serve as first point of contact on all legal, data privacy, corporate law, healthcare laws, and labor laws risk issues, and liaise with cross-functional stakeholders and external counsel to resolve and execute matter that arise
- Oversee and guide the company on matters related to patents, IP and trademarks, and work with external counsel to plan and execute
- Lead development of policies and procedures, and preferred positions for different agreements
- Provide legal support relating to business development activities as needed
In order to be successful in this role, you will need:
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school and membership in at least one state bar with all admissions being in good standing is required. California bar preferred
- 4 - 6+ years of transactional legal experience in Healthcare, Healthcare Tech and/or Healthcare services
- Prior experience leading/building a contracts function a plus
- Prior experience with IP, data privacy and security matters a plus
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage and prioritize multiple projects, work in a fast-paced environment, and effectively communicate legal issues and policies to senior management
- Personal initiative to create and improve legal systems and processes and simplify them for internal stakeholders with no legal background
- Must be organized and detail-oriented with sound judgment, superior interpersonal skills, and interact well with all levels of personnel
Life at Big Health:
- Be part of a team that includes clinical psychologists, software engineers, business leaders and even a former professional magician [shh… it’s a secret]
- Surround yourself with the smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, but who listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, generously pull together to help each other out
- Check out our values - they’re a living, breathing part of our culture
- Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, professional development fund, flexible working locations and more.
- Competitive salary packages including stock options
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect.
Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Big Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Big Health does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.
Applications are now closed