Director of Delivery at MO
$155,000 - $175,000/year
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
MO helps government leaders achieve their mission by designing intuitive and sustainable customer experiences that build trust and improve satisfaction. We use human-centered design to modernize and transform customer and employee experiences. We’re a small team of interdisciplinary creatives with mission, impact, and service to others deeply rooted in our DNA. We’re naive enough to believe we can change the world and bold enough to take the chance to do it.
We combine design thinking with agile delivery methods to drive visionary, human-centered products to market. Our custom solutions range in size from completely revamping an entire application to refreshing small pieces of a larger product. Everyone at MO directly impacts the direction and success of the company, and we own our roles. We value integrity, curiosity, and courage, and we operate collaboratively and with accountability while consistently challenging each other in the pursuit of excellence. At MO, we delight in creating one-of-a-kind products and experiences. Your imagination is the only limit on what you can do here!
Are you looking to make an impact? We are looking for a Director of Delivery to lead a delivery team focused on improving a single-sign-on identity management system, and championing its adoption within the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Additionally, we are looking for this person to be a leader and cultural steward of the delivery management team at MO, responsible for defining best practices and approaches that support a 21st century government, as well as building a diverse team and an inclusive culture that supports our people as we grow.
Successful candidates will have a track-record of building and sustaining high-performing delivery teams at scale. The willingness to dive in and build new systems and processes, sometimes from scratch, is essential, as is leading through influence within a matrixed environment. Previous experience working in a client services organization (i.e., consulting or a digital agency) is helpful but not required, as is interest in working with the government.
What You’ll Do
- Be ultimately accountable for successful delivery of contract objectives
- Play the scrum master role on one or more scrum teams
- Be a servant-leader that drives the successful delivery of a high quality product that meets user needs
- Actively track and mitigate risk and dependencies across teams in partnership with your clients
- Be a champion of design thinking and design mindset, a lean startup approach, open communication, and modeling behaviors around MO’s core values of integrity, curiosity, and courage
- Engage with customers and partners to communicate delivery updates, get feedback, and identify additional challenges and opportunities
- Represent MO as a domain and delivery expert in customer interactionsBecome a trusted advisor and thought leaders to your clients by identifying new opportunities to make a difference for Veterans
- Communicate project status, issues, and risks to MO leadership (program reviews)
- Own and mature MO’s product delivery playbook and toolkit
- Lead recruitment for new delivery practice roles across the organization
- Build and lead the Delivery Community of Practice
- Support growth by crafting White Papers, responding to RFIs, RFPs and participating or leading code or design challenges
What We’re Looking For
- 10+ years building and leading teams to deliver digital products and services in a client service environment
- 3+ years leading a mid-sized delivery organization, or equivalent
- Experience leading an organization at scale (multi-team environment / lead of leads experience)
- Experience with human-centered design and design thinking principles
- Ability to create organization and alignment in undefined problem spaces
- Government or government contracting experience where cross-team and partner collaboration was required
- Certification(s) as a Scrum Master
MO's Employee Value Proposition
- A fun, dynamic working environment with an energetic and diverse team
- A REMOTE first work environment
- An inclusive culture where everyone is welcome
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Opportunities for career growth
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K plan unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability in addition to Life Insurance (company sponsored)
The starting pay range for this role is $155,000 - $175,000. In support of the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, MO Studio job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility.
All MO leaders are expected to lead with humility, embody our core values in their leadership, and to hold their team accountable to the same. MO leaders are expected to ensure we are always growing by tackling hard problems, being strategic, and learning from others.
MO is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all interested candidates to apply. If you have more experience beyond what is detailed here, we’d be happy to take a look. If you meet most but not all of the requirements, we still want to hear from you.
Applications are now closed