Director of Engineering, Trade Compliance at AtlanAI
$190,000 - $300,000/year
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
To solve climate change, wealth inequality, supply chain stability, and national security we must change how our global supply chains work. Altana is a Trusted Commerce Platform built on a shared source of truth for the global supply chain. The purpose of Altana is to enable resilient, sustainable, secure, and inclusive global commerce: Globalization 2.0.
We have built a layer of shared intelligence across the world’s supply chain information: a living map of trillions of dollars of B2B commercial activity, covering 400M companies connected by billions of shipments. This knowledge graph powers Altana’s Trusted Commerce Platform - the Altana Atlas - which, after only three years since founding, is already used by many of the world’s most important governments, enterprises, and logistics providers.
Our product suite enables our customers to gain unprecedented visibility, benefit from shared artificial intelligence across a federated network of data, and interact across the network through a shared source of truth. We help our customers to build and manage trusted global supply chains.
The Engineering team is responsible for building out the platforms, API’s, services, workflows, and logical architectures for bringing this vision to life. We are creating a platform fundamentally driven by AI, which scales to a massive trove of data, and a diverse customer base; it is a complex system that will stretch engineering in many directions. You’ll work closely with our Data Scientists on projects to analyze and observe world-scale datasets, write code that can scale to produce never before seen insights, and construct APIs to deliver our product vision.
- Work with product team, data scientists, software architects, and senior developers to create the technical design, plan, work structure, and roadmap to bring Altana’s delivery platform to life.
- Be responsible for overall performance of a 3 - 8 person technical team – quality of delivery, software practices, and personnel development.
- Personally develop and deploy services creating and supporting our overall architecture -- Atlas Knowledge Graph API, Atlas Edits and Change Service, Entity Resolution Service, Trusted Network Services, Trusted Shipment Services, etc.
- Build and maintain distributed machine learning pipelines
- Collaborate with fellow engineers and data scientists across the organization
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or equivalent experience
- You have 5+ years of real-world professional experience writing back end or data-driven software in demanding environments and have managed technical teams
- Experience in an environment with data intensive applications
- Self-starter who wants to get things done, can be relied on, and creates an environment engineers want to work in.
- You care deeply about engineering excellence, clean code, and knowledge-sharing
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have, but not required
- Experience with Python Machine Learning toolsets (Scikit-learn, Numpy, Pandas, Dedupe)
- Experience with container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of cloud services like AWS, Azure, or GCP
Technologies we love
- Languages: Python, Spark
- Tools: Docker, Git, Kubernetes, Swagger/OpenAPI, AWS
- Datastores: Databricks, Elasticsearch, Postgres, RDS, Kafka
Anticipated Salary Range: $190,000 - 300,000. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 3 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.
Applications are now closed