Director of Machine Learning, Trade Compliance at AtlanAI
$190,000 - $300,000/year
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
To solve climate change, wealth inequality, supply chain stability, and national security we must change how our global supply chains work. Altana is a Trusted Commerce Platform built on a shared source of truth for the global supply chain. The purpose of Altana is to enable resilient, sustainable, secure, and inclusive global commerce: Globalization 2.0.
We have built a layer of shared intelligence across the world’s supply chain information: a living map of trillions of dollars of B2B commercial activity, covering 400M companies connected by billions of shipments. This knowledge graph powers Altana’s Trusted Commerce Platform - the Altana Atlas - which, after only three years since founding, is already used by many of the world’s most important governments, enterprises, and logistics providers.
Our product suite enables our customers to gain unprecedented visibility, benefit from shared artificial intelligence across a federated network of data, and interact across the network through a shared source of truth. We help our customers to build and manage trusted global supply chains.
We are looking for a talented Data Science & Machine Learning Leader to help build this vision. As Director of Machine Learning for Trade Compliance, you’ll lead a team focused on one of our most fundamental workflows; understanding, and classifying shipment related information to provide value to our customers. In this role you’ll report to the Chief Technical Officer and Chief Science Officer and help create the culture and environment by which we use cutting edge AI + ML to understand shipment attributes and predict modelling such as customs classifications, fraudulent shipments, detect trade based money laundering, know your customer, and other network classification and understanding. This encompasses techniques such as deep neural networks including graph neural networks, NLP techniques, and combining categorical features with textual features and graph networks, tree based models, probability/likelihood estimation, and contextual multi-arm bandit problems. This is a strategic role for our organization that enables us to provide meaningful value to real world customers faced with tremendous macroeconomic problems.
- Manage a cross-functional team of talented Data Scientists, Analysts, and Machine Learning Engineers responsible for the various models that combine into our trade compliance module.
- Define Altana's data and machine learning technology standards, and oversee the training, mentorship, and performance of a world-class technology team
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with Product and Customer Solutions stakeholders to understand requirements and priorities
- Manage the evaluation and professional development of your organization.
- Contribute to a hiring process that attracts and retains world class technology talent who can push the envelope of natural language processing, machine learning, and network analysis
- BS or MS degree in Data Science, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- You have 10+ years of real-world professional experience building products based on Data Science & ML
- You have strong working knowledge of Supervised and Unsupervised Machine Learning with large and small datasets, Knowledge Graphs, Natural Language Processing, and Classification techniques
- You can manage a team of high performing experts
- You have a strong sense of shared ownership and a collaborative disposition
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have, but not required
- You've worked with supply chain data, company data, or have familiarity with B2B economic modeling
- Experience with container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of cloud services like AWS, Azure, or GCP
Technologies we love
- Languages: Python, SQL
- Tools: Tensorflow, XGBoost, Git, Kubernetes, Databricks, AWS, Azure
- Datastores: Postgres, DataBricks, ArangoDB
Anticipated Salary Range: $190,000 - 300,000. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 3 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.
Applications are now closed