Engineering Manager - Business Applications Engineering (Remote role, EMEA timezones) at Grafana Labs
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
About Grafana Labs:
There are more than 900,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a SpaceX launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include two other open-source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs) and Grafana Tempo (for traces).
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to help us continue to scale our Business Applications Engineering team. Our managers take an active role in creating a productive environment for our engineers; be it through removing blockers and impediments, facilitating cross-team collaboration and understanding, or by aiding the team in helping themselves by constantly improving and refining their working practices. You’ll be responsible for managing a team of distributed engineers working across a variety of systems and helping them to perform at their best.This role will be based out of EMEA to provide leadership and support for our EMEA based Business Application Engineers. You report directly to the Director of IT.
Our Business Applications team is responsible for building and maintaining many of the internal systems that power Grafana Labs. The Business Applications team works together with our Cloud, Enterprise and Grafana teams along with our GTM organization to provide the best possible experience for our customers and most efficient workflow for our staff. We build on the grafana.com platform to provide custom solutions and integrate with the many external systems that make up a modern business environment.
Grafana is the de facto standard open source dashboarding tool for visualizing and analyzing metrics. Since Grafana is open source, our user base ranges from finance firms at Wall Street to small beehive community groups. The most common use-case for Grafana is infrastructure and application monitoring. Grafana helps companies gain insight into how their applications and users behave, enabling them to iterate and improve faster.
- Regular 1:1s to ensure your direct reports are motivated, happy and engaged
- Coaching and mentoring
- Providing continuous feedback to engineers to ensure that they can add value while maintaining high standards
- Contributing to and reviewing design documents for upcoming features
- Work with our product managers to ensure features are well-defined and ready for development
- Advising your reports on how to break down features into tasks
- Coordinating with our UX team on how they can support your team's upcoming features
- Collaborating with our Engineering Leaders to help define and influence product strategy, roadmaps and technical designs
- Maintaining headcount by working with our People Ops team to attract and hire talent
- You will act as project manager as well as working with product owners to ensure the product roadmap is defined and up-to-date
- You have a strong software engineering background and are capable of engaging in technical conversations and challenging teams to arrive at strong technical decisions themselves
- You will be comfortable working with engineering teams who have a strong sense of autonomy in their decision making, be it technical or product focussed
- While you’re great with people and adept at managing relationships, you still keep up-to-date with the latest technical trends and shifts in order to maintain and enhance your understanding of the challenges your teams face
- Ideally you will have a Computer Science degree or equivalent experience and have worked as a Frontend Software Engineer before moving into Management
- You will need a solid understanding of modern web app developmentFamiliarity with Git, Linux, monitoring would all be a strong advantage
- Experience in API integration with external systems like Salesforce, marketing tools like Marketo, Billing & Credit Card processing systems would be a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organization and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organization as we grow.
Applications are now closed