Engineering Manager (Developer Productivity) at Affirm
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Do you enjoy leading teams and having a hand in every line of code written by a 1000 person engineering organization? The Developer Productivity Engineering team may be for you. Our purpose is to make the development experience better for every engineer at Affirm. We provide development tooling, pre-production environments, and everything else that makes writing, testing, building and deploying software easy and efficient. We strive to provide outstanding "code/test/debug" inner development loop experiences and a safe, efficient "PR to Production" outer development loop. Our work enables the company to deliver features to our customers faster with higher quality as we grow.
What You'll Do
- Lead the vision, strategy and roadmap for a part of our modern, simple and friendly inner loop for developers at Affirm
- Provide leadership and oversight for a team of up to 7 engineers in Poland
- Be the face of Developer Productivity for all Poland engineers
- Partner with Product, ML, and Infrastructure engineering to understand the experiences and needs of their team's edit/test/debug cycle.
- Stay on top of industry trends for developer efficiency and establish yourself as a domain authority at Affirm
- Cultivate an environment of technical excellence, humility, and continual improvement to form a team that can successfully take on complex challenges across multiple technical domains
- Hire, and retain a diverse and exceptional group of engineers and foster inclusivity and belonging
What We Look For
- Desire to engage with customers and execute the product development and software development lifecycle
- Experience in crafting and improving software products and services
- Passion to make an outstanding experience through the products your teams build
- Proficiency in leading teams of developers to deliver on objectives and grow their skills
- Expertise in turning technical requirements, designs, trade-offs, and capabilities into clear decisions
- Leadership skill to communicate decisions across multiple teams in a timely manner
- Track record of successfully hiring to establish engineering teams
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 25,791 - 32,233 PLN
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
[For U.S. Candidates] All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account. The grade for this position is noted above and in accordance with various U.S. pay transparency laws, we provide the base pay range and benefits for our U.S.-based positions in the links below:
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Applications are now closed