Engineering Manager - Grafana Enterprise (Remote, EMEA) at Grafana Labs
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
This is a remote position and we're considering candidates in the UK, Sweden, Germany, France, Austria, and the Netherlands.
About the role:
We are looking for Engineering Managers to help us grow and develop our Grafana Enterprise Engineering team. Our managers take an active role in creating a productive environment for our engineers; be it through removing blockers and impediments, facilitating cross-team collaboration and understanding, or by aiding the team in helping themselves by constantly improving and refining their working practices. You’ll be responsible for managing a team of distributed engineers working across a variety of systems and helping them to perform at their best.
Grafana is the de facto standard open-source dashboarding tool for visualizing and analyzing metrics. Since Grafana is open source, our user base ranges from finance firms at Wall Street to small beehive community groups. The most common use-case for Grafana is infrastructure and application monitoring. Grafana helps companies gain insight into how their applications and users behave, enabling them to iterate and improve faster. This is an exciting opportunity to actively contribute to helping the Grafana team build a product that enables our users to communicate with data and to delight our users. You will also have the opportunity to help the team maintain and continue to build close links with our open-source community.
- The core focus of the role is on people management but you should have enough technical skills/understanding of our stack to manage a highly technical team/product.
- You will act as project manager as well as working with product owners to ensure the product roadmap is defined and up-to-date
- You have a strong software engineering background and are capable of engaging in technical conversations and challenging teams to arrive at strong technical decisions themselves
- You will be comfortable working with engineering teams who have a strong sense of autonomy in their decision making, be it technical or product focussed
- While you’re great with people and adept at managing relationships, you still keep up-to-date with the latest technical trends and shifts in order to maintain and enhance your understanding of the challenges your teams face
- Ideally you will have a Computer Science degree or equivalent experience and have worked as a Software Engineer before moving into Management
- Familiarity with Git, Linux, Prometheus, Graphite, Influxdb and/or Elasticsearch would all be a strong advantage
Your day-to-day will include:
- Regular 1:1s to ensure your direct reports are motivated, happy and engaged
- Coaching and mentoring of your direct reports
- Providing continuous feedback to engineers to ensure that they can add value while maintaining high standards
- Contributing to and reviewing design documents for upcoming features
- Ensuring features are well-defined and ready for development
- Advising your reports on how to break down features into tasks
- Collaborating with our Engineering Leaders to help define and influence product strategy, roadmaps and technical designs
- Maintaining headcount by working with our People Ops team to attract and hire talent
Applications are now closed