Engineering Manager, Payments (UK) at Affirm
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
We are looking for a highly motivated Engineering Manager with a track record of leading and growing high performing engineering teams. You will partner closely with product and other engineering teams to design and build foundational payment APIs which enable us to process payments globally at scale. These systems form the backbone of our ability to transact financially with customers and partners across both existing financial products and new product development.
In this role you will own metrics around the performance and availability of our payment systems.
What you’ll do
- Lead, mentor, and grow an engineering team responsible for back end payments services which power our financial products.
- Mentor engineers on the team to help improve their designs, code quality, and testing.
- Own availability and performance of your team’s systems.
- Partner with product managers to design and build clean APIs which can serve current and future use cases.
- Work with your team to develop beautiful internal API documentation and test environments to enable rapid financial product development
- Partner with a diverse set of engineering teams who build financial products and perform financial transactions at the company.
- Build relationships and engage with management across the USA and Europe.
What we look for
- 1+ years managing high performing engineering teams
- 7+ years in software engineering roles
- Prior experience growing and managing a high performing engineering team.
- Direct experience integrating payment processors such as Stripe.
- Fluency in back end development.
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining consumer scale products.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
Location - Remote England
Please note that visa sponsorship is not currently available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
[For U.S. Candidates] All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account. The grade for this position is noted above and in accordance with various U.S. pay transparency laws, we provide the base pay range and benefits for our U.S.-based positions in the links below:
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Applications are now closed