Financial Controller at Alan
Anywhere in France
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
🐼 Who we are
Alan is your friend in health.
Alan's long-term goal is to make personal, proactive and holistic health part of people’s daily life, striving to be the world’s most member-centric healthcare company. Our employees join Alan because they truly believe in this mission.
As of today, Alan operates in 3 countries (🇫🇷, 🇧🇪, 🇪🇸) and covers more than 350,000 members, representing over €240m+ of annualized revenue. We recently raised a further €183m in a series E funding round bringing the company’s total valuation to €2.7bn. The team is 500+ people and growing.
🤘 How we do it ?
People joining Alan are always surprised and delighted by our innovative working method. We have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work, such as:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Radical Transparency. We make all choices in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Distributed Ownership. We trust our colleagues to make the right choices. We are not afraid to fail fast individually to learn collectively in the long run.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We focus on solving complex problems with simple principles far from ready made ideas.
Alan is on a mission to transform healthcare. In the Finance team, we also think out of the box and with automated and optimised processes.
We are looking for :
- An 8+ years experience profile
- with strong knowledge in both accounting and financial planning
- with basic knowledge in SQL
- Build and deploy a financial organisation at the company level to track the activity of each of our new subsidiaries depending on their activities. Build a consolidation process and own the production of consolidated figures.
- Own and ensure our accounts are closed in a timely manner in France, international markets (Spain, Belgium and others in the future), and new entities.
- Produce on-time, reliable financial information to comply with our legal obligations (shareholders, tax administration, regulator, etc.), produce financial communication and reporting, interact with our tech and financial auditors.
-Take part in the preparation of the business plans and the development and structuring of the Financial planning and analysis monitoring. Contribute to the day-to-day administrative tasks.
Key outcomes by 1 year
- We have restructured our financial organisation to comply with our new corporate structure and their activities (7 entities in a consolidated structure vs 3 unconsolidated entities currently)
- We are able to produce consolidated financial accounts at D+7 on a monthly basis
- We are able to build our monthly financial report at D+7
- We are able to report under IFRS (we currently only report under French GAAP)
- We are able to monitor our accounts vs our budget on a rolling basis
- I graduated from one of the top engineering (eg. X, Mines Paris, Centrale-Supélec, ENSAE, Ponts, Telecom Paris) or business (eg. HEC, Essec, ESCP, EDHEC, Dauphine, EM Lyon) schools
- I started my career in an audit firm (eg. KPMG, PwC, Deloitte, EY, Mazars) where I built a strong background in accounting and corporate finance.
- Having an insurance specialty would be a plus.
- I worked in the financial department of a Next40 Startup where I owned the structuration of the financial processes in a fast-growing environment.
Good knowledge of French accounting and IFRS.
Knowledge of insurance accounting would be a significant plus.
Basic knowledge of SQL.
Soft skills/ Behavioural traits
We handle topics that involve numerous stakeholders and that are vital to the company. We are therefore looking for someone able to
- Take ownership of concrete topics and drive them from start to finish
- Know when to involve additional stakeholders for input and support
The Finance team is small (6 people) and efficient. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who can balance and prioritise between different stakeholders both within the team and various external stakeholders.
We don’t do things one way because everyone does it that way. We always try to take a step back and think about how we can do things differently, better.
We often handle topics with tight deadlines and/or where multiple stakeholders are involved. Overcommunication, in a written and asynchronous manner, is essential to succeeding at Alan.
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks ensuring they are happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Fair rewards. Generous equity packages complement your base salary.
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space at our HQ, sponsored co-working hubs or a full-remote experience with home office equipment sponsorship, we want you to live where you’re the happiest.
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-canceling headphones.
- Flexible vacation policy and flexible working hours. organize your time as you wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family.
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits.
- Learning & Training opportunities. A highly flexible Training policy free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises.
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents.
Important note: we hire people not roles.
After reading this job description, if you feel like you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites but that it matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply!
Not everybody will enter our recruitment process, but all, no matter how underrepresented, should feel free to apply as it can only bring learnings or success.
Applications are now closed