First Line of Defense Compliance Manager at Go Fund Me
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with a common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. Since 2010, GoFundMe has become a trusted global leader in online fundraising, with $17 billion raised from over 200 million donations. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Join us! The GoFundMe team is searching for our next First Line of Defense Compliance Manager to help supervise the compliance operations team.
- Leading the First Line of Defense Compliance team in their daily responsibilities, which include completing customer due diligence, enhanced due diligence, sanctions and watchlist screening, unusual activity reports, and suspicious transaction reports
- Supporting the team and directly contributing to their ability to excel in their goals, meeting their Service Level Agreements, maintaining strong quality standards, and improving operational performance
- Overseeing enhanced due diligence on accounts that exhibit higher-risk and unusual activity including but not limited to; sanctions, Counter-Terrorism Financing, Politically Exposed Person(s) (“PEP(s)”), money laundering and the associated predicate offenses
- Managing escalations and high-impact reviews on escalated accounts and organizations in a timely manner and, where necessary, perform unusual and suspicious activity reporting to relevant partners or competent authorities
- Offering guidance on and responding directly, where appropriate, to any relevant escalated support ticket, agency complaint, or account review
- Reviewing ongoing monitoring to help ensure assessments remain accurate and emerging risks are properly identified with mitigation plans
- Revising and establishing processes with leadership to ensure guidance is current, properly disseminating information to the team
- Creating and delivering training to educate teams on responsibilities and compliance matters
- Developing and documenting compliance team procedures, workflows, and best practice guides, surfacing them to the Second Line of Defense for review against mapped organizational controls
- Owning responsibilities around identified gaps, issues, or problems to see them through for remediation, alerting leadership, proposing solutions, and working with stakeholders across the organization, third-party service providers, and external users
- Collaborating with business units and operational areas on implementation of compliance processes and providing guidance to support projects and workflow enhancements
- Conducting presentations and creating supporting materials to advise leadership and departments on compliance portfolio performance and reporting
- Performing ad hoc projects to support compliance and company initiatives
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing a team working in risk management and/or compliance with a payments focus with strong operational focus
- Work well overseeing a distributed global workforce and confidently maintains communication while working in a remote or hybrid environment
- Understanding of how non-profit organizations operate throughout North America and Internationally, as well as risks present within the non-profit industry
- In depth knowledge of global customer due diligence, enhanced due diligence, card network rules, BSA AML, CTF, sanctions, beneficial ownership requirements, Know Your Customer standards, and how these apply for a merchant and within the financial ecosystem
- Proactively steps into the team’s work to manage volumes, ensure Service Level Agreements are met, offer best practice guidance, and assess quality of the team’s performance
- Experience working in the payments industry and knowledge about merchant processing behaviors
- Wildly ambitious with excellent attention to detail
- Fast learner, with initiative and follow through without sacrificing quality
- Strong performer, able to meet deadlines while balancing different priorities
- Communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Inquisitive with a solution-oriented mindset
- Passionate about staying current on regulatory changes, industry guidance, and card scheme compliance
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe:
Applications are now closed