Front-End Engineer (all levels) at Equilibrium Energy
SF Bay Area preferred, or Remote
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
About our Company
Equilibrium Energy is a well-funded, Series A clean energy startup backed by some of the most prominent institutional investors in climate. We are building a digital native power company operating at the intersection of grid variability, market volatility, economic optimization, commercial structuring, and risk management, across the end-to-end power value chain. Our mission is to accelerate our collective path to climate, energy, and societal equilibriums. Our goal is to become one of the next-generation, digital-native, end-to-end global clean power companies that reshapes the energy industry.
New colleagues will share our vision that a next-generation energy company must be built from the ground up on deep industry expertise combined with an unwavering commitment to modern digital approaches. We design our commercial strategies, operational approaches, and product suites so as to best leverage data-driven insights, automated workflows, ML-infused pipelines, and fully automated decision engines. These capabilities are enabled by our progressively modern software stack and engineering best practices, which in turn provide the scalable platform we need to put a serious dent in carbon emissions. We’re looking for collaborative, talented, passionate and resourceful folks to join our team and help us lay the foundation for our important mission and ambitious plan.
What we are looking for
At Equilibrium, we face the challenge of building powerful yet simple interfaces to give our customers and ourselves insight and control into our machine learning, energy optimization and energy trading platforms. We are looking for a Front-End Software Engineer to build best-in-class browser-based web applications using modern technologies. They will collaborate closely with stakeholders across the company to design solutions, build prototypes, and collect feedback. They will architect, implement, and own the evolution of their solutions. They will establish best practices, mentor and be mentored by colleagues, and help make Equilibrium a wonderful place to work and grow.
What you will do
- Collaborate with product, internal business users, and external customers to understand customer needs and product requirements
- Collaborate with full-stack, back-end and data engineers to design simple and intuitive API’s
- Design, build, test, and deploy features that cover all facets of Equilibrium web experiences
- Own UI/UX, web app layout, state management, and navigation
- Drive projects from start to finish and successfully deliver in a timely manner
- Build manual and automated testing processes for our web apps
The minimum qualifications you’ll need
- Passion for clean energy and fighting climate change
- Advanced proficiency in React, Angular or Vue
- Advanced proficiency in one or more modern CSS frameworks (Bootstrap, UIKit, Materialize, etc)
- Experience with GraphQL and REST apis
- Proactive communicator who can translate product design specs into organized code
- Excited to apply modern design principles to build best-in-class user experiences
Nice to have additional skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Advanced or expert-level proficiency in multiple browser frameworks, CSS frameworks
- Proficiency with our server-side tooling (Node.js, Python, Go, Postgres, Temporal, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS)
Not sure this is the right role for you?
We are a high growth company with accelerating hiring needs so there’s a great chance we’ll be able to create a custom role for you, now or in the future. All roles, titles and compensation packages are tailored to the applicant, so apply anyways and tell us in your cover letter about your dream role.
What we offer
Equilibrium is composed of deeply knowledgeable industry experts across all our functions, with decades of experience in energy-specific commercial structuring, power systems engineering, machine learning, computational research, operations research, distributed and compute-intensive infrastructure, and modern software & ML engineering. Our experience in the space means we’ve previously built versions of nearly every technical component of our platform. We are now designing them better, and combining them in a holistic and novel way, to achieve global scale and climate impact. We pride ourselves on our deeply empathetic & collaborative culture, honest and direct but respectful communication, and our balanced, flexible, and remote-first work environment.
Employee benefits include:
- Competitive base salary and a comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and 401k package
- Opportunity to own a significant piece of the company via a meaningful equity grant
- Unlimited vacation and flexible work schedule
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere in the United States & Europe, or join one of our regional hubs in Boston, SF Bay Area, or London
- Accelerated professional growth and development opportunities through direct collaboration and mentorship from leading industry expert colleagues across energy and tech
Equilibrium Energy is a diverse and inclusive, equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Applications are now closed