Full Stack Software Engineer - Grafana Observability (Remote for EMEA) at Grafana Labs
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
This role will be for the Eastern Time zones of the Americas & European Union
The Observability team is part of the Experience team in the Grafana Division. We are responsible for a wide range of Observability related plugins(such as Elastic, DataDog, Prometheus, Loki etc.), panels, UI components and the Explore page. We also contribute to other projects across the division. Our next goals revolve around improving our end-to-end observability workflow investing in new ways to get insights from our telemetry data. All of this while maintaining our existing plugins, supporting the community & customers and also building a more robust testing strategy. We are currently on a growth track and are constantly reviewing our ways of working to make sure they are scalable and accessible to everyone.
Come and join us if you’re passionate about anything and everything Observability, OSS, Grafana.
We look for team mates with the following skills
- You are comfortable working in a remote-first company; communication is key. For us, working together means being collaborative, friendly, kind and respectful. We value autonomy and enabling decisions over committees and red tapeYou have at least a couple of years of experience as a Frontend developer. We are a distributed team, working remotely, on a product that will be used by engineers all over the world – the ability to work on your own, and ship working code is crucial.
- You have a good understanding of a software development process that takes a user-centred approach.
- You easily build an understanding of the users’ context and goals which will help you build the right solution that brings the biggest value to them.
- You know how to transform ideas into working code – you are able to design a solution, get feedback, and write a prototype by yourself.
- You are a self-driven individual who understands the power of feedback loops in making roadmap decisions and driving our product forward.
- You are able to communicate the design decisions clearly in written and spoken English.
- You enjoy working on complex solutions – Grafana is a highly technological solution and has avid followers who rely on it every day and care deeply about their workflows.
- You have an active interest in the three observability pillars and how they come together to build a powerful workflow
What we use
- We work with React as our framework, Typescript, Redux, and RxJS
- We use Storybook to communicate internally and externally (e.g plugin developers can see what the component library looks like and offers)
- Emotion is our choice when it comes to styling, but there’s some SASS around too
- Webpack is our current bundler
- We use Golang for code that needs to live on the backend
What we work on
- The team collaborates on reviewing feature requests from the OSS community and our customer base, identifying high level roadmap themes and overall driving the direction of observability at Grafana Labs.
- Our business as usual includes raising and fixing bugs, developing and testing new features, trialing innovative ideas for our products, close collaboration with UX, contributing to design docs and more.
- We are currently focusing on enhancing the observability workflow in Grafana by developing seamless logs-metrics-traces integrations, further developing the Explore page functionality, improving our CI/CD and testing pipelines."
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 900,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a SpaceX launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include three other open-source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana Tempo (for traces).
Benefits: For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.
Applications are now closed