Head of Developer Relations at Matter Labs
Global - Remote
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync: a blockchain scaling solution secured purely by cutting-edge cryptography. Our mission is to scale Ethereum to billions of users, fully preserving its most valuable properties — permissionlessness, trustlessness, and resilience, — in order to protect and enhance global economic freedom.
We hold a strong opinion that zero-knowledge proofs (ZKP) are the only technology today that can achieve this goal. We are also proud to be the pioneer of the ZKP tech on Ethereum, and one of the few companies in the world with strong expertise in this field. Our contributions over the last 3 years include the first ZK rollup ever built, the first implementation of recursive ZK proofs on Ethereum, and the world’s first practical FPGA-based ZKP accelerator. Most recently, we launched a zkEVM testnet, making zkSync the first ZK rollup capable of executing native Ethereum smart contracts.
Across all hires we make at Matter Labs, regardless of role or team, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we value freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy.
The Head of Developer Relations will play a critical role in building out the developer and partner ecosystem programs and community at zkSync. This leader will head up strategy and programs to recruit, inspire and enable developers solving big problems on zkSync’s protocol.
We're looking for a leader who can win the hearts and minds of developer and crypto communities by delivering value through innovative programs, events, hackathons, developer tools, and technical thought leadership that supports our platform and rapid ecosystem growth. You must be a deeply technical storyteller who enjoys connecting with other technical practitioners and influencers and helping them elevate their craft.
This position will be reporting to the CMO, and work closely with all departments at Matter Labs.
- Create and execute plans and processes that support the growth of our developer community, including but not limited to:
- Building developer awareness of zkSync through social media interaction
- Organizing and running hackathons
- Giving talks and sitting on panels at developer-focused events
- Create and execute plans and processes to improve developer experience, including but not limited to:
- Scaling and curating developer tools
- Unblocking developers facing technical questions and issues
- Curating, creating, and pushing out content targeted towards platform developers, including technical blog posts on new features, platform design, issues, and upgrades
- Engaging our developer community on Twitter, Discord, Discourse, Stackoverflow, and Github
- Scaling and curating courses and educational materials
- Improving and maintaining documentation so it’s accessible to developers at all levels
- Lead a voice of the customer program to ensure we bring feedback from technical customers back into our product roadmap
- Cooperate with marketing and business development leads to improve developer-facing product positioning and communications
- Request and manage a budget required to achieve the above
- Lead as a player-coach as you build out a team of developer evangelists/advocates
- 8+ years of experience in a direct, hands-on technical community or end-user focused role such as developer relations, developer advocacy and technical support
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer or engineer
- Proven experience guiding and growing a technical community where you were a key factor in driving measurable positive outcomes
- Experience speaking at technology conferences, blogging and writing technical articles, and contributing to popular open-source projects on GitHub
- Willingness to travel up to 30% post-pandemic
- An established presence online as a thinker & leader in this space is preferred but not required (you will do this as part of this job!)
- Crypto experience, especially knowledge of Ethereum & L2s
- Have a strong vision for where the industry is going, and stay on top of new technologies and stacks
- Deep familiarity building developer portals and roadmap activity
- Excellent communication skills as both a strong technical writer and a dynamic public speaker
Working at Matter Labs
- You will receive highly competitive compensation and equity options
- The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to sit in one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice
- We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter
- We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be more productive
Applications are now closed