Head of Sales - Belgium 🇧🇪 at Alan
Anywhere in Belgium
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
🐼 Who we are
Alan is your friend in health.
Alan's long-term goal is to make personal, proactive and holistic health part of people’s daily life, striving to be the world’s most member-centric healthcare company. Our employees join Alan because they truly believe in this mission.
As of today, Alan operates in 3 countries (🇫🇷, 🇧🇪, 🇪🇸) and covers more than 330,000 members, representing over €200m+ of annualized revenue. We recently raised a further €183m in a series E funding round bringing the company’s total valuation to €2.7bn. The team is 500+ people and growing.
🤘 How we do it ?
People joining Alan are always surprised and delighted by our innovative working method. We have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work, such as:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Radical Transparency. We make all choices in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Distributed Ownership. We trust our colleagues to make the right choices. We are not afraid to fail fast individually to learn collectively in the long run.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We focus on solving complex problems with simple principles far from ready made ideas.
The Head of Sales Belgium is the owner of Alan’s sales growth and drives the business on the full cycle with a focus on acquisition.
The aim is to achieve our member growth targets in Belgium and continue to build and develop a high-performing, scalable go-to-market team. They will scale sales & operational excellence to ensure we can grow exponentially to become the market owner by 2030 in Belgium.
More precisely, the role will entail:
- Defining goals and strategy to drive recurring revenue on the Belgium market
- Leading and keep building a highly efficient and productive team of 20+ sales reps in a scalable model that enables high growth on the market
- Keep recruiting, onboarding and developing high performing and committed sales in Belgium while ensuring a progressive career path for the future
- Continually assess, clarify and validate strategy and process. Track, measure and report on sales effectiveness and adjust programs and strategies as necessary
- Directly contribute to key-strategic deals being involved in the process to maximise performance
- Collaborate with Marketing and Product to maximise impact of lead generation, content, and feedback loops on products
- Collaborate with the sales ops team to maximise sales efficiency (tooling, processes, business monitoring...)
- Work cross-functionally internally to ensure messaging alignment, operational coordination and evangelization of the strategy
- Work directly with the Belgium GM, global revenue stakeholders and other sales stakeholders to articulate our global go-to-market approach and create synergies with the other countries on all the different business lines
Profile & skills
Core skills and background
- Significant experience in sales team leadership and coaching
- Strong background in sales within challenging environments
- Comfortable operating in fast paced environments and managing uncertainty
- Experience in scaling sales teams at a high pace (2x, 3x) or experience in building sales teams from scratch
- Experience with and deployment of proven sales methodologies
- Passionate about understanding and solving prospects' problems
- Ability to animate a large community of sales
- Experience in collaborating with internal teams (e.g. Strategy, Sales Ops, Marketing, Operations, HR, etc.)
- Good B2B Go to Market experience, with knowledge of how to build a strong B2B brand
- Strong written & verbal communication skills (Fluency in English & French/Dutch)
- Highly organised with exceptional follow-up skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Desire to learn fast and make an impact from day 1
It's not required but even better if you have any of the following:
- Experience in the health sector
- Experience in Insurance sector
- Salesforce CRM/RevOps/Sales Tech Stack experience
🙌 Perks & Benefits
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks ensuring they are happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Fair rewards. Generous equity packages complement your base salary.
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space at our HQ in Paris, sponsored co-working hubs in Ghent Brussels or Antwerp or a full-remote experience with home office equipment sponsorship, we want you to live where you’re the happiest.
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-canceling headphones.
- Flexible vacation policy and flexible working hours. Organize your time as you wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family.
- Transport. You can use your own inspiration based on the Green mobility budget (for Senior level Alaners)
- Learning & Training opportunities. A highly flexible Training policy free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises.
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents.
Important note: we hire people not roles.
After reading this job description, if you feel like you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites but that it matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply!
Not everybody will enter our recruitment process, but all, no matter how underrepresented, should feel free to apply as it can only bring learnings or success.
🔖 Check out our About Alan and Career pages, as well as our Medium & blog for more info.
Applications are now closed