Integrated Marketing Specialist at Wikimedia Foundation
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for an Integrated Marketing Specialist to join our team, reporting to the Senior Manager of Integrated Marketing.
As the Integrated Marketing Specialist, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and executing global multi-channel marketing campaigns, from objective-setting to evaluation, including go-to-market and messaging strategy, time and budget planning, as well as reporting. In this role, you will also coordinate and facilitate goals between multiple teams to advance better collaboration processes and build connected plans that help to showcase an understanding of Wikimedia work and brand recognition. You will forge strong, ongoing working relationships with internal partners and external vendors, and educate internal and external stakeholders on Wikipedia’s marketing practices.
You are responsible for:
- The development and implementation of marketing campaigns, ensuring their smooth and timely launch, achieving project milestones, keeping campaigns on budget, and problem solving any roadblocks that appear along the way.
- Strengthening collaboration processes between teams and advancing alignment around the goals and outcomes of integrated marketing initiatives.
- Ensuring that all marketing campaigns and assets are developed to demonstrate a consistent brand voice and visual style that reflects the Wikipedia/Wikimedia mission and brand guidelines.
- Identifying and building new areas of opportunity to reach key organizational goals and objectives.
- Collaborating with different teams across the Wikimedia Foundation (e.g. Product, Advancement, Partnerships, Brand Studio and Community) to develop innovative programs and Go-To-Market strategies that drive global growth and engagement.
- Managing agency partners (e.g. marketing, creative, digital) to support evergreen and campaign work, always ensuring fair, diverse, and equitable selection processes.
- Working with internal Insights and Research teams to report and analyze the results of all marketing initiatives, recommend marketing optimizations, build baselines and best practices, inform future marketing and campaign work, as well as build and interpret new research work.
- Overseeing the RFP and agency selection process for both ongoing and ad hoc, campaign-specific agency needs.
- Building, together with the Project and Program Management teams, collaborative workflows and streamlined processes for marketing projects.
- Staying on top of emerging practices, themes, stories, and trends in global Marketing.
- Employing best practices for cultural inclusivity while building marketing campaigns, in order to reflect multiple perspectives.
Skills and Experience:
- 5-8 years experience in Marketing, designing and managing integrated marketing communication campaigns across channels, with a particular focus on digital.
- Experience in marketing within a global context, partnering with diverse vendors and engaging diverse international audiences.
- Experience in planning, running, and optimizing integrated media initiatives across owned, earned and paid channels.
- Ability to think analytically and innovatively about brand and product growth through integrated marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to creatively develop and measure campaigns in a data-limited environment.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Good communication and persuasion skills.
Qualities that are important to us:
- Sound judgement with proven ability to make objective data-based decisions.
- Comfort in a highly collaborative, consensus-oriented environment.
- Interest in emerging tools and trends in marketing.
- Appreciation for the creative process and skill at working with creative and production teams.
- A deep love for Wikipedia/Wikimedia, the joy of discovery, and empowering the expansion of free knowledge.
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Experience working remotely and across multiple time zones successfully.
- Experience in running marketing campaigns within emerging markets.
- Experience working with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
About the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit organization that operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge freely. We host Wikipedia and the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive.
The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive donations from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (415) 839-6885.
U.S. Benefits & Perks
News from across the Wikimedia movement
Our Commitment to Equity
This is Wikimedia Foundation
Our Tech Stack
Applications are now closed