Intern, Marketing Hyperspectral at Planet Labs
United States, Remote
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
The Marketing team is responsible for understanding customers, use cases and go-to-market dynamics so that Planet is able to sell efficiently into high leverage customer verticals. The intern will work on a mentored but self-contained project that will directly contribute to the success of the new hyperspectral product line. The Hyperspectral market is small but growing and this internship will provide a unique market-making learning experience. Topics may include one or more of: market analysis & trends, customer data use cases.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Investigate a specified market vertical using publicly available research and internal customer metrics
- Interpret data and provide an assessment of market size
- Give a recommendation to the hyperspectral program leadership on how to best sell into the specified market vertical
- Document approach, references used and conclusions
What You Bring:
- Ability to aggregate and synthesize large, differing data sets & reports to formulate a model of the nascent hyperspectral market
- Collaborate with peers and other program team members to harmonize market assessment approach
- Represent deep analysis in high level and easily digestible conclusions that non-experts can use
- Applied creativity so that early market trends can be projected into the future with reasonable credibility
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Familiarity with Oil & Gas, Agriculture, Defense, Waste Management, Mining, Land Management or Water Quality
- Relevant experience in drawing market conclusions from publicly available data and reports
Perks & Total Rewards While Fellowing or Interning at Planet:
- Office & WiFi Reimbursements
- Flex Fridays (once a month)
- Volunteering Benefits
- Commuter Benefits if you are near HQ
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
Applications are now closed