IT Support & System Administrator at The Sunrise Project
Remote (US, East Coast timezone)
$86,000 - $103,000/year
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
- Grade: Level 5
- Salary: $81,679–103,308 USD depending on experience and ability to take on responsibilities
- Location: Remote; U.S., East Coast time zone
- Closing: 11:59pm, 5th Mar 2023 EST. Apps may close early due to high volume.
About The Role
The role guides, educates and empowers Sunrise staff to support their IT needs. This broad role requires high-level competence and experience in administering and supporting software as a service (SaaS) products, security, privacy, and support tools including device management.
Our IT environment is designed to be readily available from any location using Apple hardware, JAMF device management and SaaS tools to support our teams to work effectively and securely to achieve the Sunrise mission.
First and foremost, you are a great communicator and you get a serious buzz out of enabling people to optimize their use of IT systems. You enjoy onboarding new employees and maintaining the day-to-day technical needs of staff all around the world. You get the best out of IT services and proactively identify ways to streamline our work and improve the security and resilience of our IT environment. You have experience in system administration and configuration. You are a quick thinker and problem solver who is super-organized and passionate about tech and supporting people tasked with a critical mission to take action on climate change.
- Acts as the primary contact point in the USEU for IT needs and support, and coordinates advice back to the team on technical support matters.
- Oversees the IT provisioning and onboarding/offboarding (end user accounts and hardware) and technical support needs in the US & European time zones.
- Performs Apple Mac deployments, diagnostics, maintenance/repairs and supports escalation of repairs to Apple.
- Administers IT SaaS solutions to ensure security, policy compliance and license usage; promotes and supports solutions and escalates issues externally to SaaS vendors.
- Administers JAMF Pro/Protect/Connect and Google Workspace device management including the monitoring, configuration and maintenance of software distribution, workstation deployment, policies and reporting features using JAMF tools, scripts and add on solutions.
Required skills and experience
- Experience in a similar or related role including unpaid, grassroots or lived experience including demonstrated technical competence in the system administration of:
- Apple hardware and operating system
- Device management tools Jamf Pro/Connect/Protect and Google mobile device management etc) including policy configuration, security management and reporting.
- A range of tools including, Google Workspace, Asana, Slack, or similar.
- Solid understanding of technical system security requirements and assessments, incident response requirements , compliance monitoring and adherence.
- Availability to work within European, East coast US time zones.
- Flexibility to connect across Australian time zones in evenings as needed
(e.g. for weekly meetings, leave back up etc)
How Sunrise supports its staff
The Sunrise Project U.S. is committed to creating a workplace that supports our staff to do their best work and develop professionally. We have the following in place to help us achieve that:
- 401(k) & employer match
- 100% employer paid health, vision and dental coverage
- Five weeks of vacation leave
- Birthday leave (if it’s your birthday, you get a day off)
- Cultural & solidarity leave
- Gifted leave (over Christmas and New Year)
- 12 weeks parental leave after 12 months of service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible work policy, including hybrid remote home/office
- Laptop (Mac) and accessories
- Commitment to supporting your professional development (up to $2000 per annum)
- Coaching and management support with regular 1:1 meetings
- Performance reviews and feedback to support you and the team to reflect and grow
- A co-developed initial 3 month work plan to ensure you have clarity on your role and responsibilities
Driven by a passion to solve the climate crisis, The Sunrise Project is a team of experienced change-makers, researchers and communications professionals with a mission to scale social movements to drive the global transition beyond fossil fuels. With programs and staff in Australia, and affiliated programs and staff in Europe and North America, we have developed a unique model of grant making and campaigning that supports networks of organizations to drive powerful change towards our mission.
Applications are now closed