Lead Business Data Analyst at Brightwheel
Remote (US Only)
$119,000 - $149,000/year
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $100 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US, and a small hub in Austin. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who You Are
Brightwheel is seeking an experienced Lead Business & Data Analyst to join the Analytics team. We are looking for a world-class problem solver and a highly structured thinker that can break down and solve any challenge using data. This person will answer high-priority, targeted business questions to drive growth and support day-to-day reporting needed across the business - including Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Product, and more. Additionally, this person will work closely with our Data & Analytics Engineering team on building and improving our operational data sets that power our GTM analytics and operational workflows.
The ideal candidate has a strong bias towards action, enjoys finding patterns amidst chaos, and has repeatedly demonstrated success using analytics to drive impact. We are looking for someone with the technical skills to surface insights quickly and the communication skills to translate those insights in a way that persuades action.
What You’ll Do
- Use quantitative data analysis across multiple data sources to provide insights to help business and product leaders understand critical business questions - including identifying and quantifying the key levers that impact the business
- Report against company initiatives by identifying key metrics and building executive-facing dashboards to track progress across the business, including areas like Marketing, Sales, Product, and Customer Success
- Build scaled solutions for the business using Tableau, partnering closely with Data Engineering to ensure sustainable sources in the data warehouse
- Partner closely with your internal customers to intake, prioritize and deliver against new report requests and analysis/business questions
- Collaborate with cross-functional operational teams to drive continuous data acquisition improvements across a variety of sources
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- 4-6 years experience in business analytics, business intelligence, FP&A, or other relevant analytic and technical roles, or 2-3 yrs of analyst experience paired with 2-3 years of consulting or other directly relevant experience
- Technical: Must have experience developing insights from complex data and dealing with relational databases, as well as the ability to write very complex SQL queries. Must also have proficiency in one or more analytics visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker, Chartio). Preferred: ETL experience.
- Working knowledge of data engineering principles: understanding how to store, manage, & retrieve large-scale data sets from multiple systems for analysis or operations
- Demonstrated ability to be a trusted & respected business partner to all levels in the organization, and the ability to translate data into clearly actionable next steps for internal teams
- Ownership mindset: Must be able to initiate, prioritize and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Bonus points for experience with our most relevant tools (Salesforce, Hubspot, Fivetran, Airflow)
Brightwheel offers a competitive compensation package (base salary, equity, and benefits) with a strong emphasis on equity-based compensation (ownership in brightwheel). For cash compensation, brightwheel sets standard ranges for all roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In alignment with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual cash compensation for this role in Colorado is targeted at $119,000 - $149,000. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location and candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above. If you are applying from a different location and have questions on the compensation band for your region, please ask your recruiter.
Our benefits package includes premium medical, dental, and vision benefits, generous paid parental leave, a flexible paid time off policy, a monthly wellness and productivity stipend, and a Learning & Development stipend.
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Applications are now closed