Lead Product Designer - Growth/Acquisition at Cleo
London or remote (U.K)
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
You can also see our latest DE&I report here.
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we fight for the world’s financial health, building a beloved AI that empowers people to make better financial decisions.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached over 4 million users and plan to double that number each year...which is where you come in.
We're looking for a Lead Product Designer to work across our new growth-orientated product squads, focusing on improving the first interaction our customers have with Cleo and virality.
On the frontier of design
We're moving through uncharted territory with brand new design challenges around chat, UI, brand, ToV and applied machine learning that you can't just look up the answer to - across native app and Messenger platforms. We're a small but growing design team with an excellent bunch of developers who are building faster than we can design. To ensure we can keep iterating quickly, we need a maintainable and scalable design system that is built for change, and won't put a ceiling on creativity. And of course, we are solving money problems that make a very real and tangible difference to our users.
What you’ll be doing
This role will involve hands-on design work as part of a squad but you’ll also get the chance to mentor and develop a small team of designers. You will be;
- Looking across platforms, both in and out of app for any and all opportunities to grow the Cleo product
- Leading design for your tribe and directly managing one to three designers
- Owning and driving design problems within your squad and the wider tribe’s mission
- Bringing your squad together to form and communicate a vision
- Creating clarity through journeys, wireframes and prototypes
- Informing your designs with insights from our researchers
- Executing designs in polished UI in close collaboration with developers
- Creating a great product, UI and chat experience with UX writers
- Planning and prioritising sprint work with product managers
- Creating an exciting, scalable and viral invite experience for Cleo
- You’re at least 5 years into your design career with ideally with some direct line management experience or experience mentoring more junior designers (we also are open to hiring for this role with no line management responsibilities if you’d prefer to be fully hands-on!)
- Deeply curious about people's relationship with money
- You’re impact driven. You’re excited that an idea you and the team have on a Monday could be live and pushing the numbers by a Friday!
- Driven to create healthier and happier outcomes for our users
- Used to working closely with developers and other designers
- You love finding new & improved ways to help our users through the product design. You never stop looking for improvements
- Capable of bringing people together and establishing clarity
- You understand experimentation & analysis and incorporate it into your design focus & decisions
- Passionate about pixels, craftsmanship and the impact of design
- Familiar with design systems, design DNA and brand experience
- A strong communicator, presenter and collaborator
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with bi-annual reviews. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/ - this position is PD4 level and we can pay between £79,364 - £102,793 p.a depending on experience.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We can’t fight for the world’s financial health if we’re not healthy ourselves. We work with everyone to make sure they have the balance they need to do their best work
- Other benefits;
- 25 days Annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- 2 months paid sabbatical after every 4 years at Cleo
- Early finish every Friday
- Online courses & internal training to level up your skills
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- Online mental health support via Spill
- Access to Pushfar - online platform for external mentorship
- And many more!
UK App access: The Cleo app is no longer downloadable in the UK (but only until next year). If you’re an existing user, you’ll still have access to the app. But some features won’t be available (just for a little while). Why? 99% of our users are based in the US – where financial health is often overlooked. We’ve decided to shift our focus to where we can provide the most value and make the greatest impact for users who need it most. Then we’ll be able to apply what we learn to better support our UK users in the future. Check out this page for more information.
Applications are now closed