Marketing Program Specialist at Planet Labs
United States, Remote
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
Planet is currently looking for a Marketing Program Specialist to join our Growth Marketing team. With a primary focus on program and project management, mainly with global email and webinar programs, this role will work closely with Demand Generation, Growth Marketing, Marketing Automation, Field Marketing, Product/Solutions, and Customer Marketing teams. The Marketing Program Specialist will plan, design, and implement email and webinar campaigns, among many other marketing programmatic pieces, and ensure these campaigns achieve departmental and business objectives.
This person is an excellent communicator, project driver, program manager, and has the ability to run multiple projects simultaneously. Someone who develops marketing programs and campaigns with a focus on webinar and email, down to tactical execution, with the foresight to grow the pipeline of sales, qualified leads and opportunities. This role is for someone who can partner with many cross functional stakeholders to maximize the impact of demand generation programs who possess excellent project management skills.
- Utilize best practices and modern email marketing strategies to optimize deliverability, engagement, and conversion KPIs of all inbound and outbound email campaigns:
- Monitor and optimize frequency, timing, and scheduling of owned and supported emails.
- Optimize targeting and segmentation to deliver the right message to the right person at the right time.
- Own proofing and copy editing to ensure emails are free of spelling or grammar mistakes, and copy has clear and concise messaging as it relates to the CTA.
- Continuously monitor email performance and make recommended changes to enhance deliverability, open rates, click’s, etc. Own reports and team share-outs.
- Optimize and monitor email systems, programs, and campaigns to comply with global regulation requirements like CAN-SPAM, GDPR, etc.
- Own the strategy, execution, creation, and distribution of all Planet global email campaigns including but not limited to:
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly newsletters.
- Global nurtures targeting various personas, verticals, and languages.
- Sales outreach (email) templates and flows.
- Support the creation and distribution of regional and specialized email requests.
- Field Marketing (regional and event-based) email sends
- High profile global announcements and cross-departmental requests
- Own the strategy, execution, creation, and distribution of all Planet global live and on-demand webinars:
- Develop the global webinar strategy including goals, objectives, audience, and calendar to support growth marketing OKRs and integrated campaign plans.
- Work with product, solutions, customers and partner marketing to develop new program series, themes, content, and speakers.
- Manage timelines, schedules, internal and external speakers, segmentation, messaging, promotion, and follow-up plans.
- Help create talk tracks, and moderate/host global webinars as needed.
- Track individual webinar performance and manage program-level reports and provide recommendations for optimization.
- Work with the digital content manager to repurpose the webinar content into other types of short or long-form demand-generation content.
- Manage the upkeep of Planet’s demand gen playbook with best practices, user guides, and other documentation related to email and webinar programs.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in marketing, communications or related fields
- 3-4+ years of related job experience
- Experience with running B2B email and webinar campaigns and a good understanding of current market trends in these areas
- Ability to manage several marketing campaigns simultaneously
- Experience with using Salesforce.com and Marketo or similar tools
- Experience with using of webinar conference system(s), preferably GoToWebinar (GTW)
- Strong problem-solving skills and project management experience
- Exceptional communication, collaboration skills, and comfortable with public speaking
- Willingness to quickly pivot to competing priorities/projects and adaptable to sudden changes in direction & job function/responsibilities
- Looking for someone who is an executor at heart and is interested in learning/gaining more strategic planning skills as they develop in their career
- Bonus: working knowledge of Monday.com, Google Analytics/Ads, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, and other similar web-based tools
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $60,300 - $122,000. This role is eligible for equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, and other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Applications are now closed