Mesa/Graphics Software Developer (Remote/Anywhere) at CollaboraLtd
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic open-source software developer, with contributions to the Mesa 3D Graphics Library, to join our ever growing geographically-distributed Graphics domain team.
The Graphics domain team is contributing to the entire Linux Graphics stack from the Linux kernel up to the Graphics toolkits including but not limited to DRI and kernel-mode graphics drivers, Wayland/Weston, OpenGL, Vulkan, OpenGL/EGL and other open-source Graphics drivers within the Mesa 3D Graphics Library for different customers’ projects in various market verticals.
- Discussing technology with clients and represent Collabora at conferences and trade shows to demonstrate and promote our leadership in the open source arena
- Analysing client problems and designing solutions leveraging open source technologies and Collabora's technical expertise
- Defining and scoping client projects in collaboration with the delivery team
- Contributing publicly to open source projects to ensure Collabora's continuing technical leadership
- Gain working knowledge of customers’ products, applications, technical and business strengths and target markets
- Understanding client needs and reconciling time constraints, available technologies and resources, and open source best practices
- Experience with direct contributions to the Mesa 3D Graphics Library: OpenGL, Vulkan, DRI, Gallium drivers...
- Linux experience
- Knowledge of open source development methodologies and relevant open source communities
- Good English language skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work and communicate in an online fully distributed environment
- Experience with CI (Jenkins/LAVA, GitLab CI in particular) and testing (Piglit, GL/Vulkan CTS, dEQP) is a plus
- Self learning skill to get sufficient knowledge of Collabora's services, business model, project delivery life cycle and other related technical domains
- BS/BA or experience in the role of Engineer
Collabora is a software consultancy specializing in bringing companies and the Open Source community together. We combine years of Open Source software leadership with an understanding of the challenges that businesses, non-profits, and governments face. Collabora brings deep technical expertise in system integration & architecture, graphics, multimedia, web engines and communications to a number of market verticals, including mobile, IVI / automotive, set top box / smart TV, and a range of other specialized embedded applications.
Collabora has the unique business model of enabling enterprises to leverage Open Source software in their solutions. Having worked with notable industry leading companies in the automotive, aerospace and handset mobile verticals amongst many others, Collabora has established a broad customer portfolio.