Operations Planning Manager at Affirm
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Affirm aims to provide better financial products to improve the lives of consumers. We are looking for an Operations Planning Manager to support the operations organization in scaling product offering and expansion in existing and new geographies. The ideal candidates will have solid experience forecasting and planning for contact center/customer support operations. Plus, strong business acumen and judgment with the ability to drive key results in an environment with conflicting priorities. This role requires a strong background in operations modeling and good communication/presentation skills.
What You’ll Do:
- Take full ownership of forecasting operations and planning. Create detailed and robust forecasting and capacity models considering multiple inputs. Deliver staffing plans with execution and budget in mind. Help the team with operational and financial analysis and insights.
- Gather variables to plan for new initiatives. In collaboration with the growth analytics team, create and maintain models to forecast contact, handle time and workload demand. Understand data and external forecast biases.
- Document/communicate assumptions. Use forecasted inputs to build a capacity model with realistic occupancy and shrink variables for each channel and skill. Determine site mix considering performance and financial constraints. Determine the size, location and timing of new hire classes. Communicate plans to stakeholders. Be the POC for staffing related questions. Strategize and operationalize flexing capacity while facing unexpected needs.
- Conduct root cause analyses on missed metrics. Report findings across various levels of the org. Identify outliers and report root cause to workstream owners to apply corrective actions (and follow up on results). Conduct analyses to surface key insights into operations.
What We Look For:
- 7+ years of relevant experience consistent with the job duties outlined above; strongly prefer experience in planning and strategy in an ops org with high levels of operational complexities
- Highly proficient in Excel, GSheets; experience in SQL
- Bachelor's degree or higher in analytical fields (Economics, Finance, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or similar)
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving skills and strategic mindset
- Ability to navigate in ambiguity and achieve desired outcomes
- Strong communications skills and ability to explain models, analysis, plans etc. in a succinct and easily digestible manner to all audience types
Location - Remote Canada
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
[For U.S. Candidates] All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account. The grade for this position is noted above and in accordance with various U.S. pay transparency laws, we provide the base pay range and benefits for our U.S.-based positions in the links below:
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Applications are now closed