Ops Manager at Alan
Anywhere in France, Belgium, Spain
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
🐼 Who we are
Alan is your friend in health.
Alan's long-term goal is to make personal, proactive and holistic health part of people’s daily life, striving to be the world’s most member-centric healthcare company. Our employees join Alan because they truly believe in this mission.
As of today, Alan operates in 3 countries (🇫🇷, 🇧🇪, 🇪🇸) and covers more than 350,000 members, representing over €240m+ of annualized revenue. We recently raised a further €183m in a series E funding round bringing the company’s total valuation to €2.7bn. The team is 500+ people and growing.
🤘 How we do it ?
People joining Alan are always surprised and delighted by our innovative working method. We have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work, such as:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Radical Transparency. We make all choices in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Distributed Ownership. We trust our colleagues to make the right choices. We are not afraid to fail fast individually to learn collectively in the long run.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We focus on solving complex problems with simple principles far from ready made ideas.
⭐️ Operations at Alan ⭐️
Our Operations team guarantees the delivery at scale of our insurance and healthcare products, efficiently and delightfully. On a day-to-day basis, this means running, building and industrializing processes to deliver the vision and contributing to our strategy by bringing Ops perspective.
As we anchor our Insurance position in France, diversify our offering with health and well-being related services and expand into an international platform, our operations are becoming very complex and our challenges ahead have never been as exciting!
Being an Ops at Alan means joining a team of 30+ talented, committed and passionate Ops experts from three different countries, with a lot of interactions with Engineering, Product, Care and many other teams at Alan.
⭐️ Mission ⭐️
🌍 For this role, you need to be based out of France, Belgium or Spain 🌍
The Operations Community’s core responsibilities are to build and strengthen our operational capabilities and scale our platform efficiently to handle fast growth, cost optimisation and product diversification.
We need team members to be ready to disrupt (and not only upgrade) the way we traditionally think about insurance or healthcare, and truly re-engineer the experience we offer to our members .
To that end, we are looking for Operations specialists with a first track record in scaling operations and great entrepreneurial mindsets to help us make our crazy ambitions come true. We move fast, with a lot of ownership, and are proud to tackle big problems!
Examples of missions our team is covering and you could be involved in:
* Perform and scale daily operations for managing our member affiliation in the general case or for some specific situations, cancelling our competitors contract, handling the delivery of some health services
* Handle partnerships with partners (technical partners, etc.)
Implement strategic projects such as the automation of some insurance processes (parsing of reimbursement request, recovery, etc.), setting up the 1st bricks to deliver new health services offering (health product delivery, etc.), etc. with full ownership on the deliverables
Industrialize our processes and organisation to reach operational excellence:
* Set up efficient operations monitoring to build a granular understanding of our processes and identify risks and areas of improvement
* Identify continuous improvement initiatives and push automation of our processes to make them more personalized and more efficient
* Improve financial efficiency of our model
Strategy / Leadership:
* Bring the Ops vision in the Company roadmap
* Navigate through the different teams to make things happen
Team and People growth:
* Coach more junior Alaners and provide the right level of support, helping them grow and offering the right platform to learn
* Contribute to the team development (hiring, structuring, etc.)
⭐️ Profile & Competencies ⭐️
- We look for someone with 3-7 years of experience
- Strategic thinking and planning: Ability to define a vision and drill down into an actionable plan and roadmap, ability to consider complex problems and factor in different dimensions (business, customer experience, regulatory, etc.) with a deep level of structure
- Passionate about digging into ops/technical processes: ability to build and optimise processes that ensure quality of service, performance and scalability, while making them clear and delightful internally and for our members
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills and ability to conduct deep data analysis
- Communication: Communicate well with Alaners and service providers
- Comfortable in fast-paced environments where there is a high level of uncertainty, ability to remain proactive and biased for action in exploratory project stages, at ease to self-start and work independently with a strong capacity to adapt
- Highly adaptable and fast learner : excited to learn new tools, technologies and methodologies
- Highly organized: able to handle many different tasks in parallel
- Hands-on: not scared of getting their hands dirty and dive into any problem
- Challenger: Portrays a general growth mindset and challenges Alan’s past decisions
- Collaborative/ team player: Able to navigate through an organisation and work with very transversal teams, able to handle stakeholders with very different needs and expectations - great attitude and ability to collaborate in multidisciplinary teams that can include clinicians
- Leadership: Able to attract top talents, lead, mentor and make people grow
- User centricity and empathy: A sensibility for Product / UX esp. For early stage, and towards member’s and colleague’s satisfaction
- Experience building new and early-staged products and services with a user-centric approach, understanding of key principles of early-stage products such as traction, retention, learning loop, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication in both English and French
- A successful track record in a scaling organizations
- Healthcare/digital health or insurance experience, passion for healthcare delivery
- SQL knowledge allowing to be fully autonomous when drilling into the data
Hard skills/ Behavioural
Soft skills/ Behavioural traits
Plus It’s even better if you have
As a few examples of how we put this value into action:
- We have an open salary & equity policy combined with a transparent career path: we base our people decisions on unbiased criteria
- We have flexible working hours and leave policy
- We trust people to work remotely (we are a "work from anywhere" company)
- We extend the length of parental leave and value this time as professional experience
- We respect our coworkers gender identity and use their names, pronouns and agreements regardless of their legal status
- We make tough decisions if we see discriminatory remarks
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks ensuring they are happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Fair rewards. Generous equity packages complement your base salary.
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space at our HQ, sponsored co-working hubs or a full-remote experience with home office equipment sponsorship, we want you to live where you’re the happiest.
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-canceling headphones.
- Flexible vacation policy and flexible working hours. organize your time as you wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family.
- Transport. Country-specific commuter benefits.
- Learning & Training opportunities. A highly flexible Training policy free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises.
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents.
Important note: we hire people not roles.
After reading this job description, if you feel like you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites but that it matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply!
Not everybody will enter our recruitment process, but all, no matter how underrepresented, should feel free to apply as it can only bring learnings or success.
Applications are now closed