Payroll Clerk at Go Fund Me
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Want to help us help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe’s mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support the causes they care about. Since 2010, GoFundMe has become a trusted leader in online fundraising, with $17 billion raised from over 200 million donations. In 2022, GoFundMe acquired Classy, the leading nonprofit fundraising software company, which operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of GoFundMe. Together, the two companies serve as a global leader in giving for individuals and nonprofits, accelerating growth and unlocking new opportunities to help more people and organizations. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world—join us!
GoFundMe is looking for a payroll specialist to ensure a timely and effective payroll processing cycle and act as a subject matter expert in handling payroll related inquiries. Success in this role requires the development of strong working relationships with several other departments that collaborate with the payroll team. In addition the ideal candidate is detail oriented, has the ability to handle ambiguity and thrives working in a fast paced environment.
- Submit accurate and timely payroll by the Wednesday 4:30 pm deadline
- Gather employee /manager approvals by the Monday 10am deadline, sending reminders weekly when time/expense is not approved by the Monday deadline
- Manage, audit and review payroll hours, commissions, bonuses, expenses, etc. to ensure compliance with state and federal payroll laws on a bi-weekly basis
- Process termination checks timely, per state and federal payroll law
- Resolve payroll support questions
- Provide support to internal/external customers with all payroll related functions, including, but not limited to, providing verification of employment, accessing pay stubs online, expense reporting, etc.
- Work closely with the Accounting & Finance, Benefits, People Team etc. to improve operational issues when they arise
- Partner with the Benefits Team and People Team on terminations and/or any worker leaves of absence, etc. on a bi-weekly basis
- 1 year payroll experience preferred or have a strong aptitude for numbers
- Previous experience with Excel and Paylocity
- Strong technical skills for handling constantly changing systems
- Must be detail oriented and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Have the ability to operate efficiently, proactively and independently
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe:
Applications are now closed