Principal Account Executive, National Foodservice Sales (Remote) at Impossible Foods
Redwood City, CA
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Impossible Foods was founded to transform the global food system and reduce the impact of climate change by making the world’s most delicious, nutritious, and sustainable meat, fish, and dairy — from plants.
Through the revolutionary work of our world-class R&D team, we’re inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish, and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the negative environmental or public health impact.
Our flagship product, Impossible™ Burger, uses 96% less land, 87% less water and generates 89% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional beef from cows. And the burger is just the beginning. We’re working on recreating every animal product, from chicken to fish, with plant-based ingredients that are vastly better for people and the planet.
Impossible Foods has experienced spectacular growth over the last few years, and we continue to lead all aspects of the plant-based revolution – from discovery and innovation to commercial production and consumer education. We’re building an amazing team of brilliant, collaborative, mission-driven individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to a better world. Our core values include leading with heart, thinking like scientists, and doing the right thing, and our employees embody these attributes in their work every day.
Want to join the movement? You can help us solve the most urgent, important challenge facing the world today (and have fun doing it). Check out our job opening below:
As the Principal Account Executive for National Foodservice Sales, you will demonstrate your passion for our mission and your experience working with top ten large-scale accounts to acquire sales with the industry’s most influential partners. You will lead the end-to end sales process into National account prospects and work cross-functionally to lead the sales process internally. Impossible Foods is scaling rapidly and this is an outstanding opportunity to impact our business and most importantly, our mission!
This role will have a dedicated focus on only the largest enterprise customers within the QSR/FSR space. We are looking for someone with a deep understanding of chain customers’ businesses and challenges who can navigate complex organizations and lead sales that impact departments across the Impossible Foods organization.
We are a lean organization, searching for a candidate who is adept at selling solutions with a successful track record in winning new business. Your primary goal will be to achieve ambitious growth by building new relationships with strategic chains and demonstrating functional expertise across Impossible to close sophisticated sales.
We work in a “Sales Pod” structure, so you will be partnered with several team members focused on the same specific goals.
- Actively pursue, develop and close new large foodservice chain accounts (QSRs, Fast Casual, Full Service Non-Comm) while achieving goals and quotas
- Develop strategic plans for penetrating and closing accounts
- Build relationships with key decision makers at customers across their R&D, Culinary, Marketing, Operations and Procurement
- Project manage complex sales with your key internal partners including product management, marketing, communications, insights, finance, manufacturing, quality and supply chain
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing teams on product launches, training, communication, sales support and promotional tools for your accounts and prospects.
- Build, maintain, and share a high level of competitor and segment knowledge in terms of product offerings, pricing, discounts and promotions, volume and trade spend, forecasting, price modeling, P&L understanding, and contract development
- Update Salesforce and provide regular reports to senior leadership
- 7-10 years' experience selling at the C-suite level to enterprise corporations (Sales Experience with Top 100 Foodservice National Accounts is a preferred.
- Demonstrated success in growing business volume
- Experience in complex sales environments, demonstrating success in sales that have a major impact on our business, many stakeholders and longer sales cycles (6+ months)
- An ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, cross-functional environment
- Strong analytical skills demonstrated by previous experience using systems for tracking sales, determining ROI, and developing data-driven strategies
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills: negotiation, deal creation and presentation skills
- A structured and organized problem solver, who can drive projects to completion with minimal direction and high attention to detail
- Ability to travel nationally up to 50% of the time with some nights and weekends required for customer meetings, shows and conventions.
- High energy and stamina, changing the world takes grit!
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $124,000 + (bonus for Sales Bonus Plan roles) + equity + benefits.
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired to work based in Colorado.
At Impossible Foods, safety is our priority. Our obligation to our employees (and their families and communities) includes providing a fully vaccinated workplace. It is widely recognized that vaccination is by far the safest and most effective tool for protecting ourselves and our community against the spread of Covid-19. For the sake of our employees, their families, and communities, Impossible Foods will require vaccination by February 1, 2022 for all US-based employees who are on-site at one of IF’s facilities or co-manufacturing facilities; are in a position that requires them to be in person with co-workers, customers, clients, or contractors; or are traveling on behalf of the Company, including attending any in-person Company-sponsored event.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: https://impossiblefoods.com/careers/notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
If the ability to work remotely is indicated, this role can be performed from any US state except for Alaska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Hawaii, and Wisconsin.
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Applications are now closed