Principal Application Security Engineer at Indigo
Remote - United States
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
We’re an international agtech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a budding industry where agriculture meets technology. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming experts, who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge technologists and scientists on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer. Indigo is extraordinary, and we owe that to the individuals who make up our community and enable success through diversity of thought, experience, background, perspective, race, sexuality, gender, age, and everything else that makes a person uniquely themselves. Connected by a common vision and empowered by diversity, we aren’t ordinary, and neither are you. Embrace your extraordinaryness and join Indigo in cultivating a healthier planet fueled by unique game changers.
As a member of the Information Security team, you will build the roadmap for the application security program, integrate tools and analyze the security of Indigo data, systems, and applications. You will enjoy leading the discovery and remediation of security issues, collaboration with Engineering, Product, Data, IT and DevOps teams, and the assessment of designs against relevant security threats. This position will provide you with a challenging opportunity to learn and grow.
As a Principal Application Security Engineer at Indigo, you will:
- Provide technical leadership in the assessment, design, and implementation of application security program
- Improve and manage the application security program by developing partnerships with engineering and product teams
- Perform threat modeling and security architecture reviews
- Guide product and technology teams to integrate security into their software development lifecycle
- Conduct static code reviews and dynamic security assessments
- Effectively deliver technical debriefs to stakeholders including technical staff, stakeholders and leaders
- Perform and oversee application security vulnerability assessments, penetration testing and provide vulnerability remediation guidance
- Develop scripts, tools, methodologies, and best practices to improve team capabilities while articulating business risks of technical vulnerabilities to various stakeholders
- Provide hands on technical security training and outreach to internal development teams
- Provide guidance, help, and author security policies
- 10+ years of experience with any combinations of the following: dynamic application testing, threat modeling experience, secure code review, identity management and authentication, software development, cryptography
- Experience working along with fast moving Agile development teams
- Experience in Cloud security including AWS
- A strong knowledge of building security into continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) pipeline
- Collaborate with architects, product managers, and other teams to deliver high quality secure product
- Use a risk-based approach, advocate for and help prioritize remediation of security findings and develop/report metrics measuring the state of application security program
- Managerial experience, ideally having experience managing remote employees
- Understanding of Authentication, Authorization mechanism programmatically across different web technologies and protocols
- Experience with application security tools as OWASP ZAP, Checkmarx, Burp suite, IBM AppScan, HP WebInspect, and Acunetix
- Know and recognize application security issues such as cross-site scripting, cross-site request forgery, authorization, injection attacks, etc. in code and provide remediation recommendations
- Leverage industry security standards and organizations such as NIST, SOX, and OWASP
- Publications or Tech Talks at conferences or meetups focused on Security
- Experience working in DevSecOps and Security Automation
- AWS Security experience or practices
- Web services/API test experience
- Experience with securing data in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Salesforce, Snowflake, Postgres, and any of the databases is a plus
- You reject the idea of security being a blocker, and actively enjoy collaborating with colleagues across the entire engineering organization
- You want to build things, not just break them
At Indigo we’re building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. We believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet.
Game changers don't fit in a box. The requirements listed above are examples of what we think enables success in this role, but we recognize the impossibility of fully capturing a singularly perfect description, and we believe in the power of diversified and creative displays of skills and qualifications. We embrace the unconventional. We embrace creativity. We embrace a challenge to the status quo. If the specifications in the list above aren’t an exact match… great! Apply, be you, and be proud that you aren’t ordinary (we certainly aren’t!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Remote friendly
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
- Catered Lunches
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan
Applications are now closed