Principal Data Engineer at Mission Wired
Washington, DC - Remote Flexibility
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
At MissionWired, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought digital strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Save the Children, Sandy Hook Promise, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. This cycle, we're excited to support the DGA in flipping and protecting governorships across the country while expanding the Democratic majority in the Senate via our work with the DSCC, Sen. Raphael Warnock, Rep. Val Demings, Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto and Sen. Maggie Hassan.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: We are looking for a Principal Data Engineer to transform millions of data points into unparalleled opportunities – supporting everything from electing Democrats to combating climate change throughout the world. With us, you’ll put your skills to use for disruptive innovation that powers social good. You’ll do it as part of a team of analysts and data scientists developing first-of-their-kind strategies and creating new products. Join us. Let’s go.
You will be responsible for:
- Building data-intensive applications to extract, transform, and load massive data sets from a variety of internal, external, and public data sources;
- Assembling large and complex data sets that meet project needs;
- Developing processes for data mining, data modeling, and data production;
- Using an array of technological languages and tools to connect systems;
- Developing robust testing and monitoring systems for scheduled processes;
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to support their data infrastructure needs.
- Experience with one or more key data analytics tools: (pandas, PySpark)
- Experience extracting data from public APIs;
- Ability to build and optimize data pipelines, architectures, and data sets;
- Experience managing big data resources through Amazon Web Services or another cloud provider;
- Experience with SQL;
- Attention to detail;
- Intellectual curiosity to innovate on ways to solve data management issues;
- Passion, energy, and excitement for progressive and philanthropic causes and all things digital.
- 5+ years of professional experience;
- Experience building data-intensive applications that collect data from diverse sources in the service of creating high-performance algorithms and predictive models;
- Experience building and deploying deep-learning models;
- Experience managing data warehouses and/or data lakes;
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
We are looking for candidates in a range of seniority levels, including very experienced engineers. The salary floor for this role is $90,000 per year and goes up depending on experience.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!
Applications are now closed