Principal Data Scientist at Mission Wired
Washington, DC - Remote Flexibility
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
At MissionWired, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought digital strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Save the Children, Sandy Hook Promise, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. This cycle, we're excited to support the DGA in flipping and protecting governorships across the country while expanding the Democratic majority in the Senate via our work with the DSCC, Sen. Raphael Warnock, Rep. Val Demings, Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto and Sen. Maggie Hassan.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: We are looking for a principal data scientist to join us in bringing machine learning to online fundraising through our AdvantageAI product. The models you create will improve the lives of people throughout the world by empowering digital donors and activists to support our mission-driven clients. You’ll be driving positive change as part of a team of data scientists and engineers developing first-of-their-kind machine-learning products.
You’ll join an engineering team that is deeply devoted to inclusion, particularly in the following three areas:
Process: We create a context in which everyone is empowered to contribute.
Machine Learning: We are committed to identifying and removing bias from our algorithms.
Philanthropy: We empower diverse groups of individuals to participate in giving.
With us, you’ll put your skills to use for innovation that powers social good. We want your ideas and your leadership. Join us. Let’s go.
You will be responsible for:
- Joining each and every one of your colleagues in creating an inclusive workspace;
- Developing and enhancing the core models that power the AdvantageAI platform, supporting digital donor acquisition and UX optimization;
- Designing experiments to determine how to maximize client goals, such as philanthropic donation or email activation;
- Developing and supporting the development of infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a variety of data sources;
- Working to constantly improve data reliability and quality;
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to support their data infrastructure needs.
- Professional experience in designing and implementing machine learning solutions to business problems;
- A passion for statistical methodology, including an ability to unpack the assumptions and interpretations of various approaches, an openness and critical eye to the latest techniques, and a willingness to lead collaborations to find optimal solutions;
- Experience with SQL to write nuanced analytic queries;
- High-level familiarity with big data tools using AWS or other cloud services;
- Attention to detail;
- Intellectual curiosity to innovate on ways to solve data management issues.
- Working knowledge of Pandas and ideally PySpark;
- Experience deploying deep learning models;
- Experience managing data warehouses and/or data lakes;
- Ability to build and optimize data pipelines, architectures, and data sets;
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
We are looking for candidates in a range of seniority levels, including very experienced data scientists. The salary floor for this role is $90,000 per year and goes up depending on experience.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!
Applications are now closed