Principal Full Stack Software Engineer at Promethean
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Who is Promethean?
Collaborative discovery is at the heart of the learning experience. With more than two decades helping people learn and grow together, Promethean is a true partner for educators, innovators, and business leaders. Our award-winning interactive displays and lesson delivery solutions transform learning and workspaces into creative, connected environments to foster collective success.
At the heart of Promethean is a team of education strategists, designers, and technologists that is dedicated to inspiring engagement and empowering teachers and students around the world. Our goal is to make education technology commonplace in all learning environments, and we strive every day to develop intuitive solutions that speed learning, insights, and creativity.
The Promethean team spans the globe and our work impacts the lives of millions of teachers and students. We stand by our solutions and our employees, offering highly competitive benefits and compensation, as well as providing a work-life balance that lifts and sustains us as we navigate a new future.
We are #TeamPromethean. Join us.
Our world-wide, world-class Engineering team offer our customers the best possible classroom experience through thoughtful design and code. The team is highly communicative, not afraid of a deadline, and consistently recognized as best in class for education technology.
As a Principal Full Stack Software Engineer you will:
- Be an active participant in the day-to-day Scrum activities of the team including sprint planning, daily standups, sprint reviews, and sprint retrospectives
- Review and evaluate top-level business requirements in the form of epics and features. Lead the estimation of work at the quarterly level. Lead the team in work breakdown and estimation of user stories each sprint. Provide alternative solutions and negotiate with Product Management.
- Own large engineering projects or product area
- Lead cross department technical projects; defines and oversee multiple projects for teams while ensuring visibility to the business.
- Develop high-quality code; contribute to development standards by setting new patterns and best practices
- Write architecture & design documentation for new products, systems, and patterns. Participates in research and innovation with new technologies.
- Review the work of teammates to ensure quality and adherence to system architecture and best practices; identify where new designs will require architectural changes
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex and highly escalated customer/QA found issues in a timely manner
- Lead the development, build, deployment, and monitoring processes with an emphasis on security, performance and scalability.
- Design reusable components by utilizing standard frameworks. Experiment with new technologies that can enhance our tech stack. Provide new technology insights to remainder of development department.
- Lead implementation of development process improvements that lead to more efficient software development for the entire development team.
- Participate in build vs. buy analysis and complex decision making
- Stays current with industry best practices and relevant technologies and ensures that these get rolled into the practices at Promethean. Watches emerging technologies and practices and evaluates them for suitability at Promethean; motivates projects to introduce them to Promethean.
- Works cross-functionally with Product Management, User Experience, and Customer Success to address key initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field
- 8-10+ years software development experience
- Experience with web frameworks (e.g., React, Angular, Vue)
- Experience with server-side Node.js using frameworks such as Express, Koa
- Experience with Microservices Architecture
- Experience with Cloud (Azure or AWS) and serverless computing (Lambda)
- Familiarity with Hybrid Apps for Android and iOS (e.g., Ionic, React Native)
- Experience with NoSQL Databases (Redis, DynamoDB, Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with Stylesheets (CSS, LESS, SASS)
- Experience with Responsive Web Design and Development
- Experience with Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Container Services)
- Strong understanding of unit testing, integration testing, load testing and related tools (e.g., Jest, Junit, Artillery, JMeter, etc.)
- Experience in full life cycle system development including design, building, testing, deployment, upgrade, and support.
- Experience with application lifecycle management tools (e.g., Atlassian) and concepts for version control, work item tracking, and continuous integration
- Knowledgeable about performance tuning, scalability, security, and reliability concepts.
We take our work seriously because it has impact! We empower students worldwide to learn. We are driven to continuously innovate and develop educational technology that inspires students to unleash their potential. We believe in the power of education to change the world and come to work each day with our sleeves rolled up ready to make a difference! However, we also appreciate that life isn't just about work. We are a small company with big rewards and understand that you also need time to unwind. Join a company where you can be your best self, work on challenging problems, and have some fun along the way; join Promethean.
Promethean is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We realize that by creating teams rich in diverse thoughts and experiences, our people, company and customers are free to thrive. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status; or any other protected classifications or characteristics under applicable local laws. In addition, Promethean values privacy and the protection of personal information.
Applications are now closed