Principal Software Engineer, Carbon Apps, Front End at Indigo
Boston, MA or Remote
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
We’re an international agtech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a budding industry where agriculture meets technology. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming experts, who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge technologists and scientists on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer. Indigo is extraordinary, and we owe that to the individuals who make up our community and enable success through diversity of thought, experience, background, perspective, race, sexuality, gender, age, and everything else that makes a person uniquely themselves. Connected by a common vision and empowered by diversity, we aren’t ordinary, and neither are you. Embrace your extraordinary and join Indigo in cultivating a healthier planet fueled by unique game changers.
Principal Front End Engineer, Carbon
As a Principal Front End Engineer on the Carbon team, you will work on building web and mobile applications supporting Indigo’s carbon sequestration effort. Indigo Carbon is mobilizing farmers to sequester carbon through regenerative farming practices, that will generate carbon credits and produce healthier food. Your expertise in front end application development will help us create best-in-class consumer facing applications that aid our mission. All farmers, who we enroll and guide through the process of changing their practices, will aid our mission of sustainably feeding the planet.
In this role, you will build applications that help our growers move towards better, more efficient agricultural practices. This is a new team in the engineering organization, so it is a great opportunity to build something from the ground up in the latest tech stack.
As a Principal Front End Engineer at Indigo you’ll:
- Own a cohesive system architecture for Carbon apps along with other domain counterparts (frontend, backend, and/or mobile)
- Working with sr. engineering leadership, you will co-champion the Carbon technical vision across all teams
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UX designers, backend engineers, and data science engineers to spec, build, test and deploy code
- Brainstorm, architect, and provide effort estimates for new features
- Expertly review code, have your code reviewed, and mentor other engineers
Areas of Influence
- Collaborate with key stakeholders during product discovery to solidify scope and align priorities with engineering resources and solutions
- Proven mentor who will learn about, use, and teach new web technologies across the engineering organization
- Has demonstrated a track record of fostering a healthy and collaborative engineering culture
- Partners with engineering management to quantifiably improve engineering operational processes and team norms
- Partners with other Indigo Principal Engineers across lines of business to foster a cohesive technical architecture and strategy
- You can demonstrate breadth and depth in system architecture as well as programming design patterns and best practices at scale
- You are a strong communicator who can effectively lead conversations composed of engineering and non-engineering domain experts
- You’re an engineer with deep experience building responsive web and mobile apps
- You have experience with multiple front-end frameworks. We primarily use Typescript, React, Next.js, and Create React App, but alternate experience is acceptable
- You care deeply about performance, usability, and accessibility
- You appreciate engaging and usable design, and sweat the details
- You're comfortable collaborating with teams to discuss technical and usability trade-offs
- You strive to create fast, reliable, and documented code that others can understand
- You might have experience with Data Visualization and UX patterns
- You bring a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and self awareness
We’re building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. We believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet.
Game changers don't fit in a box. The requirements listed above are examples of what we think enables success in this role, but we recognize the impossibility of fully capturing a singularly perfect description, and we believe in the power of diversified and creative displays of skills and qualifications. We embrace unconventional. We embrace creativity. We embrace a challenge to the status quo. If the specifications in the list above aren’t an exact match… great! Apply, be you, and be proud that you aren’t ordinary (we certainly aren’t!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
- Catered Lunches
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan
Applications are now closed