Privacy Program Lead at Affirm
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Affirm, Inc., seeks a hands-on and talented privacy professional to join its lean and mighty Legal team as a Privacy Program Lead. Based in San Francisco, this individual will report to the Director, Managing Counsel: Privacy, Trust, and Partnerships, and will support the continued development of Affirm’s privacy program. Come join us in our mission to change consumer finance through better technology, lower costs, and increased transparency while providing the best customer experience!
What You’ll Do
- Provide key strategic and implementation support for the Privacy Team to shape and influence a culture of privacy throughout Affirm and further embed privacy by design principles into our products and services.
- Partner with the Director, Managing Counsel: Privacy, Trust, and Partnerships to design and implement a best in class global privacy program and guide the business in execution, implementation and the scaling of the program across Product, Security, Compliance, Marketing, Legal and HR functions.
- Collaborate with Affirm’s Product, Data, Security and Sales teams to build privacy by design into our products and services.
- Support Legal and Compliance teams to measure and document privacy compliance by assisting in the development and implementation of global control frameworks, referencing the laws of the U.S., Canada, and other jurisdictions as Affirm continues to expand its global footprint.
- Partner with Affirm’s Compliance team to devise and build measurable and scalable processes for demonstrating privacy compliance including privacy impact assessments.
- Participate in thought leadership – keeping Affirm at the forefront of the evolving regulatory landscape, and help create a thought leadership presence for Affirm with respect to privacy practices in the financial services sector.
- Manage program and project teams including internal and external resources.
- Detail and track program scope, deliverables, resources and budgetary needs.
- Form strong working relationships with industry peers.
What We Look For
- Bachelor’s degree; Advanced degree a plus.
- 2+ years of program management experience.
- 2+ years of experience in privacy compliance.
- Fundamental project management skills (e.g. project charters, trackers, timelines, and reports).
- Privacy certifications (e.g. CIPP, CIPT, or CIPM).
- Experience working for technology companies, in-house privacy teams, or consulting firms.
- Sophisticated Microsoft Office and GSuite skills (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Docs, Sheets, and Slides).
- Proficiency with project management practices, workflow tools and methodologies (e.g. JIRA, Confluence).
- Highly disciplined, able to make independent decisions and work with limited supervision while excelling in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment
- Inquisitive nature and comfort challenging current practices
- Experience in leading and delivering cross-functional initiatives, with the ability to collaborate with business and functional experts to provide risk assessment guidance, recognize risks and design enhancements
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present sophisticated issues in a clear and persuasive manner
- Passion for improving consumer credit products and customer experiences
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
[For U.S. Candidates] All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account. The grade for this position is noted above and in accordance with various U.S. pay transparency laws, we provide the base pay range and benefits for our U.S.-based positions in the links below:
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Applications are now closed