Product Marketing Lead at Mysa
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Mysa has a progressive company culture that embraces both work-life balance and remote work. With our core values at heart, we have an in-depth understanding of how imperative it is that all of our people, no matter where they are located, experience our culture and family-like environment in the same manner. We also appreciate that the key to successful remote work is a foundation built upon effective communication, team-based collaboration, and access to all of the right tools. At Mysa, regardless of your location, you will be positioned for success.
Say hello to the Mysa team! The grass really is greener over here. Why? Most importantly, we’ve built a company that’s based on a people-first culture. We encourage (like, really encourage) work-life flexibility, and we’re all about employee recognition. We believe that we do exceptional work when we’re encouraged to play and we’re proud that our team members brag about their jobs to their friends. Of course there’s lots of perks too!
We are looking for a Product Marketing Lead to join our Marketing team in St. John’s, NL or remote! This role will report to the VP of Growth and work with a team of skilled marketing professionals. The Product Marketing lead will be the expert on our product offerings and our customers; understanding both at a deep level and championing them in conversations with internal teams and leaders. Using this mindset, the successful incumbent will craft customer-centric product messaging and positioning documents that serve as the keystone for internal and outbound sales assets, marketing programs, web copy, solution briefs, presentations and press releases.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate closely with the brand marketing, growth marketing and commercial planning teams in order to execute a holistic marketing strategy that produces results;
- Work with brand, growth and product teams to develop clear differentiation strategies for each product;
- Develop, test and measure positioning documents and strategies per product including user personas & use cases, value propositions, and messaging hierarchies;
- Work to deeply understand our customers’ goals, pains and concerns through analyzing internal/external research, reviews, conducting user interviews and reviewing product usage data;
- Perform competitive analysis and market research for pricing and positioning insights across multiple products and markets;
- Determine optimization strategies for post-launch products by analyzing in-market performance across different regions;
- Manage the nuances of variances in the customer journey by product / user persona and work with relevant teams to address any content gaps;
- Ensure expert product knowledge is transferred to the marketing team;
- Be the main point of contact for the project execution team.
Who You Are
- You bring 5+ years of experience in a related role in product or marketing teams;
- You have direct experience as a product marketer; You know what great product marketing looks like;
- You have experience launching products, developing messaging and product positioning;
- You are able to distill technical documentation and product functionality into a compelling, differentiated story that is tailored to each target audience;
- You bring experience with customer research, segmentation, market analysis and building business cases to improve the customer and user experience;
- You understand the customer life cycle and experience strategizing content for each stage;
- You are excellent at communication and cross-functional collaboration skills when primarily working with product, marketing, customer support and sales teams;
- You are excellent at written, verbal, and visual communication skills;
- You have an exceptional attention to detail.
Since entering the market in 2018, Mysa Smart Thermostats have been warmly welcomed into customers’ homes, earning thousands of 5-star reviews.
Our mission is to fight climate change! As the premier Canadian-designed smart thermostats for heating and cooling, Mysa creates thoughtful, innovative technology to help our family of customers across North America stay comfortable and save money by using home energy more efficiently. To help us build a greener, more sustainable future, we’re creating an ecosystem of energy-saving smart thermostats and fostering a unique, people-first company culture that brings out the very best in our team.
What we have to offer you:
- A rewarding career path where you can sharpen your skills and showcase your talent
- An environment where you are recognized and appreciated for your work and effort
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (Yes. Unlimited paid vacation - within reason of course!)
- Flexible environment (Work from home or a coffee shop as you see fit)
- Flexible hours (No set “office hours”; You work 40 hrs/wk, and meet your role requirements)
- Training & Development Allowance Program
- Health & Wellness Allowance Program
- Competitive salary
- Annual salary increases
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Comprehensive Group Health, Dental & Vision Benefit Plan
- Employer Matching Group RRSP Program
- Maternity & Parental Leave Top-Up Program
- Quarterly team building initiatives
- Allowance for a new pair of high quality sound reducing headphones
- Credit towards a smart home product purchase and a free Mysa Thermostat for your home
At Mysa, we believe people are the heart of our business – and we appreciate each individual’s unique qualities and diverse experiences. So, if this role sounds exciting to you, and you fit most of the criteria, do not hesitate to apply - we value individual abilities over a profile on paper.
Applications are now closed