Professional Services Practice Manager at Gitlab
$67,000 - $100,000/year
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Professional Services Practice Manager
The Professional Services Practice Manager is a grade 6.
Professional Services Practice Manager Responsibilities
- Act as a Product Manager accountable for one or several service domains
- Own one or several service domains in the GitLab platform problem space and identify, qualify, and build new offers
- Define, scope, and prioritize GitLab’s services and training offerings, including persona and market segmentation analysis, offering definition, scope, and pricing
- Collaborate with subject matter experts in the field, Product Management & Marketing, and instructional designers (as appropriate) to develop and deliver prioritized global services and training offerings, content, and sales & marketing collateral
- Ensure the delivery model is focused on customer success outcomes while championing quality and efficiency
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of services and training enablement investments and programs
- Partner with the sales team to drive bookings and closure of services and training engagements
- Ensure a robust closed feedback loop that embraces continuous improvement and iteration
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve the customer experience via innovative services/training offerings
- Build the business case for additional services and training and enablement resources as needed
Professional Services Practice Manager Requirements
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle and DevOps required (open source software knowledge and familiarity considered a plus)
- Demonstrated progressive relevant experience defining, developing, and executing customer services and/or training strategies, operations and action plans
- Ability to quickly understand technical concepts and explain them to customer and professional services audiences (mostly technical)
- Proven ability to effectively interact with and influence senior executives and team members
- Exceptional written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, skilled at project management and cross-functional collaboration
- Experienced in giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- Share and work in accordance with GitLab's values
- Experience growing within a small start-up is a plus
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company’s travel policy
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Applications are now closed