Quality Assurance Engineer at Granicus
United States (Remote)
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Granicus is the leading provider of citizen engagement technologies and services for the public sector, bringing governments closer to the people they serve with the first-and-only Civic Engagement Platform. Granicus works with more than 5,500 government organizations and connects more than 280 million people in the largest Citizen Subscriber Network of its kind.
The Granicus Quality Assurance Engineer contributes to the overall quality of multiple software platforms, executing on quality initiatives throughout the entire testing lifecycle. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, test case creation, manual testing, defect analysis, status reporting, and generating metrics as required. Experience or familiarity with automated testing are highly desirable.
You’ll be working with a high-performing, fast-moving team. The product is young and in a high-growth, nascent product space. The right candidate will be able to manage a consistent level of uncertainty as the product matures and finds its footing. They will have a direct impact on the success of the product, as they become a key product expert and drive new feature implementations and maintenance. All while building the foundation of our Quality culture.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and execute test cases for new product enhancements
- Identify areas of risk and mitigate those areas to ensure stable releases
- Ensure quality criteria is met for all areas before product release
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field; or software test related experience/knowledge
- Familiarity with the python programming language
- Familiarity and experience with relational databases and SQL
- Familiarity and experience with automated testing, executing automated test scripts using Selenium IDE
- 5+ years of software testing experience in a professional software development environment
- 3+ years’ experience in a web-based testing environment
- Experience with exploratory/edge/corner testing techniques and risk-based testing
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment
- Familiarity working within an agile software development process
- Experience with cross-browser and mobile device compatibility testing
- Experience testing web services like REST & GraphQL
- Experience in a SaaS environment
- Familiarity working with asynchronous queueing systems
Examples of Possible Performance Metrics
- Customer-reported production defects are under a certain threshold
- Overall test coverage is increased
- Risk-assessment is created for components going into a release
Come learn more about working at Granicus on our website: https://granicus.com/careers/
Granicus is subject to the Executive Order requiring employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000 + bonus*
*starting rate may vary by experience and/or location
Benefits: At Granicus, we offer a competitive benefits package that allows employees to tailor benefits to their needs. Benefits listed below are for employees based in the U.S.
- Flexible Time Off
- Medical (includes an option that is paid 100% by Granicus!), Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer-paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Group legal coverage
- Transit and/or parking supplement for office-based employees
- Free snacks and drinks in our offices
- And more!
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Applications are now closed