Sales Compensation Manager at Global Healthcare Exchange
Office Location or Remote - USA
$75,000 - $100,000/year
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Job Title: Sales Compensation Manager
The Sales Operations department is looking for a talented, motivated Sales Compensation Manager to add to our team who will report to the Executive Director, Sales Operations. This role will lead the annual rollout of sales compensation plans along with ongoing reporting and communication connected to sales incentives and commissions. The Sales Compensation Manager will also support the monthly commissions process and perform ad hoc data analysis, provide data insights, and respond to commission inquiries. This role will identify gaps in data needs or reporting and will be responsible to resolve those issues as sustainably as possible. This role will often need to provide analytical support for technical and business activity planning and helping drive repeatable processes.
Annual Compensation Plan Design and Delivery
- Lead the annual sales compensation planning process.
- Determine the key elements of each plan (e.g., pay mix, leverage, measures, mechanics, etc.). Be a trusted advisor by laying out options and recommendations.
- Assist in annual planning of sales capacity, incentive plan structure, quota assignment, and headcount requirements.
- Partner with finance and other senior leaders to determine the annual sales compensation targets and budget.
- Create timely sales incentive plan documents and dissemination, including training, executive meetings, field readiness, etc.
- Roll out the annual sales compensation program to the field teams and evangelize it across the sales organization.
- Partner with finance, sales leadership, HR, legal, and business leaders to ensure sales plans drive the intended focus and behaviors to achieve stated objectives.
- Lead the communication of the program and its related processes and act as the point of contact for sales leadership.
- Deliver reporting and analytics of sales performance in quota attainment, time to ramp, projected capacity, etc.
Sales Compensation Strategy and Policies
- In conjunction with stakeholders, define and document the sales compensation charter, which outlines the organization’s sales incentive strategy and sales compensation principles.
- Ensure that decisions made about sales compensation at all levels of the organization align with the strategy and principles of the sales compensation charter.
Sales Compensation Execution
- Perform data reporting responsibilities related to monthly commission triggers to ensure timely and accurate payouts.
- Manage dispute resolution regarding any payment or non-payment of sales compensation.
- Act as the single point of contact for participant queries, through Jira tickets, relating to compensation plans and/or payment.
- Operationalize and update compensation plans with any short-term incentives and commission-related mechanisms. Coordinate with accounting to ensure timely and accurate payments.
- Drive the automation of administration to reduce costs, speed up processing, and increase accuracy.
Reporting and Analytics
- Provide data analysis, organizes, and filters data to report monthly commissions to appropriate stakeholders.
- Provide analytical support for ad hoc research and other variable pay projects as identified by management.
- Act as the GHX sponsor for any due diligence related to sales compensation automation (Spiff) software.
- Evaluates and helps improve data quality and cleanliness; assists with any data conversion efforts.
- Experience running commission calculations on a regular cycle
- Proven ability to lead and drive projects to completion while meeting deadlines
- Fast learner who is resilient and thrives in a fast-moving environment to get things done with ability to pivot quickly
- Strong organization and prioritization skills, intense attention to detail, and capable of balancing multiple projects
- Ability to problem solve and facilitate discussions, addressing any concerns from salespeople
Required Education, Certifications, and Experience:
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of experience leading the design and implementation working with of sales compensation plans
- 2+ years hands-on data analysis experience, including querying and reporting experience
- Experience working with salespeople and sales leaders
- Experience at a fast-paced SaaS, technology, or healthcare company highly preferred
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications (advanced or higher in MS Excel)
- Demonstrated experience with Salesforce.com
- Working knowledge of commercial processes, contracting, accounting, and revenue fundamentals
Estimated Salary range for this position: $75,000 - $100,000
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It's the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe - who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce - not shift - the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 1000 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Colorado, with additional offices in Europe, Illinois, Florida, and Nebraska.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.