Sales Development Representative - Belgium 🇧🇪 at Alan
Anywhere in Belgium
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
🐼 Who we are
Alan is your friend in health.
Alan's long-term goal is to make personal, proactive and holistic health part of people’s daily life, striving to be the world’s most member-centric healthcare company. Our employees join Alan because they truly believe in this mission.
As of today, Alan operates in 3 countries (🇫🇷, 🇧🇪, 🇪🇸) and covers more than 330,000 members, representing over €200m+ of annualized revenue. We recently raised a further €183m in a series E funding round bringing the company’s total valuation to €2.7bn. The team is 500+ people and growing.
🤘 How we do it ?
People joining Alan are always surprised and delighted by our innovative working method. We have a set of cultural values that guide our approach to work, such as:
- Members first. We put our members first, our team second, our shareholders third.
- Radical Transparency. We make all choices in writing and adopt a direct and honest style of communication.
- Personal & Team Growth. We are self-improving whilst helping others grow. We’re no ego-doers and we all edit the company.
- Distributed Ownership. We trust our colleagues to make the right choices. We are not afraid to fail fast individually to learn collectively in the long run.
- Fearless ambition. We shoot for the moon and work backwards. We focus on solving complex problems with simple principles far from ready made ideas.
⭐️ Sales Team at Alan ⭐️
Since we opened our Belgium market in 2020, we have experienced great momentum and traction. We’ve onboarded 550+ companies, and delighted 17.500+ members so far. Our local team is growing (so far we went from 0 to 45+ in just over 2 years 🚀) We now want to take the market by storm and exponentially grow the business to ultimately become the market leader by 2030 in Belgium. Our sales team is the engine that drives our B to B customer reach. We want to keep that bar very high by hiring the most exceptional Sales! Being a Sales at Alan means joining a team of talented, committed and passionate sales experts. We move fast, with a lot of ownership, and are proud to tackle big problems!
⭐️ Your mission ⭐️
We are looking for Sales Development Representatives to help our Sales team sign more customers and help Alan become the number 1 insurer in Europe. 🚀
You will work closely with a team of Account Executives in generating new business by qualifying leads, prospecting and generating meetings with the right stakeholders of top high-growth companies ! For instance, we are currently taking care of Airbnb, Showpad, Sodexo, Easi, Cowboy, IKEA and +500 other exciting customers.
You will be responsible for:
- Generating meetings with prospects to achieve our company objectives: by putting a strong focus on prioritization and a high level of outreach personalization to land our weekly targets.
- Develop outbound sales leads and respond to product inquiries, run email campaigns to generate new sales prospects & complete accurate tracking of communication with current and potential customers in our CRM
- Realize a quick lead qualification before allocating the leads to an Account Executive.
- Represent our company’s products: starting with a deep and comprehensive understanding and following with consumer research to identify how our solutions meet needs
- Understand, embrace and apply the Alan Smart & Soft selling method: This method stems from the concept that the prospect experience is an inseparable piece of the overall Alan customer experience. Increasingly also take ownership of engaging with clients and closing deals
⭐️ JOIN THE SALES TEAM! ⭐️
- You will be a good fit to join the Sales team at Alan if you:
- Have 1+ years experience in Sales / Sales Development Representative roles, or customer-facing role (Sales, Management consulting, Customer Success) and you’re passionate about sales
- Have strong written & verbal communication skills (Fluency in English with French or Dutch (Flemish)
- Are highly organized with exceptional follow-up skills
- Have empathy and are passionate about understanding and solving prospects' problems
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building- Strong empathy for customers and passion for revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models- A great attitude and ability to collaborate in a small team
Everything else is a plus. We care about having a diversity of experiences and backgrounds in our team.
🙌 Perks & Benefits
At Alan, we believe that being in good health is a basic need, and it starts with our employees. This is why Alaners are provided with a stimulating environment and perks ensuring they are happy, efficient and spend only high-quality time with co-workers.
Therefore, we offer:
- Fair rewards. Generous equity packages complement your base salary.
- Flexible Office. Amazing office space at our HQ in Paris, sponsored co-working hubs in Ghent Brussels or Antwerp or a full-remote experience with home office equipment sponsorship, we want you to live where you’re the happiest.
- All the tools you need. Top of the range equipment: Macbook Pro, keyboard, laptop stand, monitor, and Bose noise-canceling headphones.
- Flexible vacation policy and flexible working hours. Organize your time as you wish.
- Delightful healthcare insurance. Extremely comprehensive health insurance - 100% of the contribution covered by Alan for you and your family.
- Transport. You can use your own inspiration based on the Green mobility budget (for Senior level Alaners)
- Learning & Training opportunities. A highly flexible Training policy free books and budget to attend and speak at conferences if the opportunity arises.
- Parental leave. Extended parental leave for all new parents.
Important note: we hire people not roles.
After reading this job description, if you feel like you don’t have all the necessary prerequisites but that it matches where you are now or what you'd like to grow into in your next position, we encourage you to apply!
Not everybody will enter our recruitment process, but all, no matter how underrepresented, should feel free to apply as it can only bring learnings or success.
🔖 Check out our About Alan and Career pages, as well as our Medium & blog for more info.
Applications are now closed